Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

I’m guessing it’s to force you into manual crafting, and using portable miners a little longer. It’s just a quick hop into they next tier anyway.

I think I’m with @MrCoffee here. When I played the open beta, I found that I would manually collect the ores from the portable miner, insert that into the smelter and then have a conveyor feed the result into a constructor. Although as @Kyle700 said, I think the overall costs of tiers is so unbalanced as to make the process of just making individual components by hand more effective than automating the solution.

Completing phase 2 of the Space Elevator requires 500 Modular Frames and 150 Motors. Total base materials for that is 24,450 chunks of Iron Ore, 1050 chunks of Copper Ore, and 1350 chunks of Coal. That’s like 260 trips to your portable miners. Doable, I guess, but pretty boring. But that’s only Phase 2 of 4 (though you don’t get anything at present for completing Phase 3 or 4.)

Sure, but we’re not talking about the space elevator. We’re talking about whether the Mk I Miner is correctly placed in the tier 0 sequence relative to the conveyors.

Im guessing the mines never run out of ore? I dont know why i would ever go to a far away iron mine unless i want to ramp up my production like crazy. I think 1 ore mine feeds atleast 3-4 smelters.

I agree!! But in factorio, that is never even a problem since youd never want to do it. if i want to finish a bunch of tiers in this game, its a lot faster to auto craft things especially like reinforced iron plates and above. I’d prefer them make automation more necessary… one idea ive seen is making the space elevator require a certain amount / second to upgrade tiers, which would require a certain level of automation. Now, you automate things just for fun practically… at least for some aspects. Like, making rotors automatically takes a huge factory plan whereas its really really easy to make a bunch by hand.

How do you plan out things in this game considering the 3D aspect? When you decide to optimize seems like it would be harder to know exactly how to place things?

Are there any tools to help or can you zoom out?

You can build a really tall tower and get a bird’s eye view of your layout. That’s about it.

Indeed, they should remove the ability to build more complex items by hand.

This was my biggest personal disappointment with the game during the alpha. I was hoping for a more ‘birds eye’ design view game, not a locked first-person minecraft style. My own fault for not paying more attention prior to the alpha, of course.

I unlocked the final tiers in the game, but I have not actually done the research for the new items. I am not sure I will because the game still has some problems with how you can layout your base.

I tried to do some vertical factory layouts, but they really do need vertical conveyors and ladders. Also the 4 connection limit on power poles is ridiculous.

My biggest bottle-neck in production are the re-enforced iron plates. They craft way too slowly and require far too many screws.

I did find an alternate screw recipe that was a god-send. I think its 12 screws per 2 iron ingots. No longer are those slow-ass rods needed. Still despite this, I can only make like 7 structural frames per minute due to the heavy iron plates slowing everything down. I still craft the motors by hand, although all the components for them are pre-made.

I am not sure if Ill have the patience for the final game if this trend continues.

I found the same bottlenecks, and I’m sure the Dev will adjust the balance of these in future updates. I stopped at the point where I was to supply 500 Iron Frames to the space elevator, as this was taking too long. I did get coal power up and going, and this helped with the power issue I was starting to have (I think I was up to 8 Biomass generators). Having to hand feed those generators was a pain. Coal, once up and going, is very self-sufficient.

I’m in the same boat. Verticality is challenging. I have one building that has a 6x8 foundation dedicated to elevators basically. I do really like the game, and was having fun with it, but I don’t think I will go chase down Oil just yet until a few moire releases are underway. Also, I seriously think the game needs to rethink obstacles because once you clear the 1-2 bad guys near each node, you are pretty much free and clear for the remainder of your game. You are never challenged on your base at all. I would love to see the planet fight back a bit like in Fortresscraft or Factorio. Even if it isn’t exactly like that, there needs to be some kind of adversity periodically.

Current verticle method…

And from the side…

Also, since I am posting… Did you guys know you could do this?

Last one I promise… Reinforced plant:

I finally made it to coal, which turned out to be a bear to get to on the second map. It was all blocked by poison generating plants that required a T5/6 item to get to. So I built an enormous ramp up the side of a mountain. I wanted to use trucks to ferry coal too and from but the ramp is far too steep for the trucks to go up effectively, so back to belts.

Currently trying to setup autopilot between truck stations at the bottom of the cliff, but the correlation between trucks and the pathing nodes seem to have close to zero correlation. Reddit’s suggestion is ‘drive slow and pray’ which isn’t terribly interesting to me. So back to belts.

I do like what I have seen so far, but it needs a bunch of QoL features like Factorio before I will get completely sucked in.

tldr; Will pay premium for Steam.
Epic is no Steam. I wanted to play on my laptop but no streaming unless I add it to Steam. No save sync so I had to copy the files manually. No fps meter so I would need a third party solution. I have 14 invites that keep popping up from rando people (if it’s not random let me know and I will accept). I already own Oxenfree, on Epic, but they won’t stop telling me it’s available. And so on.

What is this second map you speak of?!

On the new game selection screen you can pick from three different maps. I chose the middle one.

Oh, three starting options. Same map. :(

I never figured out where the desert area was or how to get there from the grass plains starting area.