Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

I am a bit bored, and it has been a few years since I have played this. The last updated I played was the one where they introduced pipes and pumps.

Anyway, I decided to start a new game with the experimental update 6 branch in the northern forest area for a change of scenery from the grass lands I always start in.

The real problem, in general, is that my factories quickly turn into a giant mess and you end up having to path and jump over conveyors all over the place. Going vertical just extends the mess to multiple levels.

Then I occasionally see a video of people’s factories which are super well organized and very pretty. You know, something that looks professionally designed.

I would like to know if any of you who have played this have tips for designing a well thought out factory and what tricks you use to do that with. Perhaps some there are some videos on factory design out there? I do not expect to make something super nice, but I would at least like to get several steps better than the typical insanity I usually have for a factory.