Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

Also I wish there were labels in the game or signs or something. This is how I labeled my storage:

Holy crap. My factory is just strewn all over the place. You need to run all over to get supplies and whatnot. Nothing even remotely as neat as yours above.

Does anyone know how long this game is intending to stay in EA? Id be interested if the release date is measured in months opposed to years. IE: Christmas 2019 is fine, but Christmas 2021 isn’t.

Hey, in that picture I notice a way point with a minecart icon? How did you do that? I made the beacon thing and placed it at one spot, the only editable thing was the name which didn’t show up on the waypoint. I could not change the color or icon.

That is actually a truck. I have two. One I use to explore, and one that is programmed to carry Coal to my main base from the coal outpost… You program them by simply recording your route once, and then off they go! Pretty cool automation really. You can see the path with the little arrows on the ground.

The trucks are so cute but are very expensive in comparison to the cost of laying long conveyors and power lines. Because lines can carry unlimited power, it was still much cheaper to just build a route of poles,and lines than it was to construct another power plant at the coal mining site.

I’m a sucker for these sorts of games. I had been really looking forward to Satisfactory and I still really want to like it, but I’m not sure some of the issues I have with it can be fixed with just more content. At this point, I’m going to hold off purchasing it and see if they can improve the core game before revisiting.

I’m very curious to see what the other reseaarch tiers are, and if this game has the longevity of factorio. part of the great thing about factorio is all the complex problem solving that comes from relatively simple base systems, and how that problem solving continuously evolves as your factory grows. I got to the end of the alpha and that was it. Once the research was completed, there was little point to keep playing so I just stopped. Is that how the extra research tiers will work as well? or will there be a “endgame”? will be interesting to see and I really like the feeling, but I’ll probably wait until I see the extra tiers and stuff to buy if this is all they have so far

I dunno. I stopped too, because I got to the end of the tech tree and didn’t want to spoil it for myself for early access release, but I wasn’t hurting for things to do—I had a few ideas for ways I could have made my rotors/reinforced plates factory a lot faster, and finished a little screw factory and a coal power plant out at one of the coal deposits.

I am still a little disappointed at the lack of random terrain, but at the same time, there have been some really gorgeous handmade vistas on this map, so I can’t complain too hard.

“One year” I believe is the current estimate of being in EA.

Oh cool, I didn’t plan on buying it until 1.0 anyway, so maybe the Epic Megastore exclusivity will end by then and I can be cool and pick it up on Steam.

Early access starts today, and I just so happen to have the evening to myself.

So, it seems like the Early Acess is about twice the content? 6 levels now? Hrm… interesting =)

Anyone able to launch it? Everything I read says it’s available, except the Epic store. It’s in my library but still says unavailable. I’ve restarted the launcher.

You should ask on the forums!

Here’s a helpful link to a discussion about this very issue, no doubt on the Epic very forums KevinC is talking about.

You guys are hilarious.

Epic will never compete with Steam like this.

Seriously though, go to their Discord.

It finally popped as available to download.

After getting lost in Factorio, which was scratching the factory-builder itch earlier, I consolidated my iron products production just now.

Can I ask from people who have played, does the game make good use of the 3d? Thinking about it generically, the advantage of 2d here is scale, while in 3d you obviously get a Z-axis. Can you build vertical production chains, multiple floors, underground stuff, that kind of thing?