Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

I didn’t see until now, but the developers have been doing some Youtube updates recently:

Removed from STEAM, now to be an EPIC game store exclusive.

Between this and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, I might actually be installing the Epic store.

Ug. I was hoping to ignore the Epic store and trying to pull off exclusives only makes me want to do it more. But Rebel Galaxy AND Satisfactory?

I don’t respond well to developers trying force a platform delivery on me, I simply refuse to play along, and the reason you’re doing it is completely irrelevant to me. You and your game simply become dead to me.

This is no different than only releasing your game on xbox/PS4, never going to buy those either.

I’m getting a little irritated myself. I’m glad they can get a bigger cut but give me an incentive to shop at your store of choice, don’t force it on me.

Yeah, platform wars have never been for the benefit of the customer, plus I have zero interest in doing business with Tencent.

I calmed myself down by remembering the devs get a larger cut of the profits. For smaller devs like Coffee Stain and Double Damage that can mean the difference between life and death for the studio.

But I didn’t realize Tencent had bought 40% of Epic. Right back to pissed, thanks!

I hate this crap. I wish people would compte by simply being the best platform, not through exclusives. I suppose, when satisfactory comes out, ill buy it on the epic store.

However, having said what I said, I do want to support epic simply because I think the 30% cut steam takes is outrageous.

Yup. I adore Coffee Stain (Sanctum 1 and 2 are huge favorites of mine) and was looking forward to this one, but I hate this crap and I may skip the game entirely because of it. Show me that the Epic games store gives me ownership of, and control over, my games and maybe we’ll talk, but until then it’s just Steam clone #3534.

I got an email saying I’m getting a key for this weekend’s pre-early-access alpha, so I guess I’ll get to take a closer look at it before it comes up for purchase in a week or two.

This has been on my Steam wishlist since forever. Looking forward to it finally going live. Just got the same email for the alpha. Looking forward to testing it out.

Cool trailer.

I got a key for this too. So excited. I’ve been waiting for this game since it announced. If it can replicate the complexity and absolute craziness of Factorio…

Wondering how well it will work replay wise with the world being handcrafted instead of generated like factorio.

I predict it will run terribly. I want to be proven wrong, and if I am, I’ll go out and buy two copies.

I’ve been a part of the alpha for a couple of months. I can’t say more than that until tomorrow because we’re under strict NDA, but definitely check it out this weekend if you’ve got a code. I’ve put a couple of dozen hours in.

If I pre-purchase it right this moment, does that get me a code to get in this weekend? Or am I out of luck until early access?

I got an email that said I had been selected for the alpha this weekend, but so far I do not have a code or any option to install / preload the game yet.