Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

You’re a dreg.

Every word of this makes me laugh.

I’m a dreg now because I don’t believe in the rational free market nonsense.
Keep beating that horse, you’re nearly convincing… someone, maybe.

Might as well be on topic… I’ve been watching a (slowly posted) let’s play of the game, it’s not impressing me. It’s fidgety, buggy and has poor QoL features. Somehow, it looks like they missed the point of Factorio. It’s pretty and functional enough to watch… on the background, as they try to fit round pegs in a square hole. It looks kinda pretty and factorish in the end, but it looks like a pain to play through. It doesn’t surprise me it isn’t selling that well, EGS or no.

This tone of this post was entirely too aggressive. Apologies. I’ve had kind of a shitty day. Shouldn’t have tried to take it out here. Y’all are good folks.

I never read it like that, just a discussion nothign to worry about :)

We all have days like that, no worries.

Well, it is early access. I don’t know whether it’ll turn into something wortwhile or not, but Coffee Stain (pre-Goat Simulator anyway) had a habit of working relentlessly to improve their games. Maybe this is a good test of whether they still have that in them or not.

I actually like it. I’ve played up until Coal, just starting oil and I think its solid. It definitely needs some polish, but hey… early access.

I picked it up not long ago since I’m a sucker for these types of games. I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’ve also recently gotten to oil which is quite a change to the game as you have to venture far into dangerous areas to get oil.

I didn’t need to reload once up to this point in the game but I keep driving into poison areas and dying as I try to find my way to and back from oil sites. It doesn’t help that I have a terrible sense of direction and keep getting lost on the way. However I really like the various landscapes and how the get more alien as you go further from the initial area.

I don’t know how much story the devs are planning on top of the buildy goodness, but exploration gives me a little of a Subnautica vibe.

They have a small roadmap on their site

Update #1 - End of April

• Quartz Research Chains
• Sulfur Research Chains
• Conveyor Lifts

Update #2 - End of May

• Tier 7 (Nuclear and Aluminium)
• Trains
• Overhaul late game areas

Further down the road - TBD

• Improvements on core gameplay and systems
• The rest of the FICSIT Milestones and Tech Unlocks
• More buildings, parts, vehicles and creatures
• Complete narrative
• More optimization
• Dedicated Servers
• Mod support

Playing the open alpha has me playing Factorio more than ever. I already own Factorio, it is a ‘complete’ game at this point (most new features are QoL/polish), and it scratches the itch vs. jumping into a game that has a least a year left to be ‘done’. So even if I’m interested in Satisfactory, I’m holding out on a purchase until I’ve burned out on Factorio and Satisfactory is closer to done. I can imagine there are at least a few others in this boat, which leads to fewer sales.

New build of the game glimpsed.

Looks like the Build engine, too! ;)

New experimental build out, which you can launch as a separate item in the EGS launcher:

Patch notes include these new features:

NEW FEATURES

• Added the Conveyor Lift (currently with placeholder visuals)
    • Rebuild or build a new factory with Mk.1 - 4 of the vertical Conveyor Belt!
  • Added the Quartz Research
    • New Parts and Recipes: Quartz Crystal, Crystal Oscillator
    • Explorer Vehicle: The vehicle currently best suited for traversal
    • Ingame Map: Enjoy revealing the game map via exploration and the Radar Tower
  • Added the Sulfur Research
    • New Parts and Recipes: Sulfur, Gunpowder, Explosives, Ammunition
    • Nobelisk Detonator: Blow up trees, bushes, rocks, creatures and friends
    • Rifle Mk.1: An automatic rifle for the purpose of Pioneer safety

Conveyor lift is the single thing needed the most in this game. going up and down takes a lot more work then it should. Then again, going up and down is where you see the most creativity currently too.

“We hate you too”
"I prefer to play Factory Town "

:P :P

I think these update videos would be better if he didn’t try to be funny. Most of it falls very flat (for me)
Good update though! Vertical conveyors was my #1 wish.

I’ve been playing the experimental branch for a few days. The lifts are super useful. The snap to splitters and mergers too which is extra nice. The explorer vehicle is also a welcome addition.

(risk of spoilers follows)

I found quartz recently. It wasn’t incredibly far from my base as the crow flies, but it was at quite the elevation and I had to drive all the way through that big cave to the north and then double back to get to it. Rather than set up another truck route I decided to conveyor it to a spot along my current oil truck route. The one problem was the couple of hundred meter cliff between the quartz site and the area near the cave entrance that I wanted to get to (this was started before conveyor lifts were available).

You can’t see it in that shot due to the fog, but it made a nice platform for my first radar tower.

Scenic shot from a distance:

Very nice!

I watched because I wanted to hear the Factory Town quip in context… it was pretty innocent, which is good. I actually think it is funny, but the presentation is horrible. With the right delivery, I think it would feel much less forced/flat. As someone you can’t tell a joke right to save his life, I can understand how hard it is. Yet my son can crack a single word and have a room in stitches. You do what you can with a small team, but they need one of those guys from the paradox game reddits that does “the real patch notes” to write/present for them.

This is $10 off at the Epic store. Is it worth it at the $20 price point?