Saudia Arabia thread

I have nothing intelligent to contribute to this thread, but I think this is on topic.

I figured the punishment wasn’t for what they did. But that they fucked it up.

Probably good enough for Don-Don to switch back to “this seems credible” mode.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/saudi-crown-prince-calls-khashoggi-murder-heinous-crime-vows-perpetrators-will-be-brought-to-justice/2018/10/24/839cc878-d700-11e8-8384-bcc5492fef49_story.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — In his first public comments since the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi security agents in Istanbul three weeks ago, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said Wednesday that his country is doing all it can to complete an investigation and bring the perpetrators to justice.

Addressing a gathering of more than 3,000 business leaders from around the world at the Future Investment Initiative, Saudi Arabia’s signature economic forum, often called “Davos in the Desert,” Mohammed acknowledged no responsibility in the case. He called the killing “a heinous crime” that was “really painful to all Saudis” and to all other people.

He accused unidentified critics of trying to use the case to “drive a wedge” between Saudi Arabia and Turkey and pledged that this would not happen as long as his father is king and he is the crown prince.

Prince inadvertently suggests solution.

This guy is like OJ.

Make him put the glove on!

He had nothing to do with it? After his massive crackdown on anyone he doesn’t like, and running things from the top with suffocating attention - there’s no way he didn’t do this. It would be an embarrassment to his regime if that actually was the case… which it’s not.

Anyone else notice the way this was done was right out of the Russian handbook on “How to kill and make a point and deflect to rogue agents or nationalists did it”

I’m just surprised they’re even bothering to put together a sham investigation.

I mean… they didn’t really. Their efforts made Trump look like an overachiever. It was only after the entire world called them on it that they even pretended to make up an investigation.

Not sure how reliable the source is, but. …

Yeah it would be unprecedented for a source to talk about specific GCHQ intercepts. And why take a story like that to the Express if you wanted it to be taken as seriously as possible. Very odd story. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, of course; more if it were true this is not how I would expect it to come out.

I wonder if there is also an alien base on the moon?

About as unreliable as it’s possible to get in the UK press. Maybe one rung above the Daily Star,

I’m sure it was another accident.

No, Twitter told them. They hand over user information to security services via their UAE office.

Advice to ex and LGBT Muslims includes not using Twitter’s app as it exposes phone MEID, use VPN’s etc.

I’m sensing a pattern here. And these are just the ones we know about so far.

I’m also concerned about the US at least moving in this kind of direction…

To ease Turkish pressure on Saudis over killing, White House weighs expelling Erdogan foe

“The Saudis got to dismember their guy, so we’ll let you dismember your guy. Even Stevens!”

Throwing people out of the US so they can be murdered abroad. trump is good at that. He has blood on his hands.

Unlikely to be murdered, too high profile and valuable as a show-trial and scapegoat.