Saudia Arabia thread

When Thailand is the hero of the piece.

Fuck off Mike Pompeo

I wish any American praising Saudi Arabia for the Khashoggi situation gets to spend serious quality time in a Saudi consulate.

If you had forgotten just how bad Sisi is 60 Minutes had good interview last night. He is up there in the Trump lie department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-vetoes-resolution-to-end-us-participation-in-yemens-civil-war/2019/04/16/0fabc312-60a1-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html

Trump will keep us out of wars guys.

Or you know, veto attempts to get out of wars, basically the same thing.

I didn’t realize how much Washington has fucked this up in the last decade until I did some quick background reading. The party of adults should’ve known better. My favorite analogy is sharpening a sword and then getting upset when the other party picks it up. Better to avoid it entirely. Fools.

As our old friend Ron Paul likes to say, Congress just needs to grow a pair and cut the damn funding. None of this pussy-footing “please stop this war we didn’t authorize.”

Well with Trump in office, cutting fund doesn’t seem to matter.

That seems perfectly reasonable for the 14th century.

There’s a lot is about Saudi Arabia which is only reasonable for the 14th century.

As awful and completely batshit as invading Qatar would be, watching the clown show of the Saudi military attempting to do so–especially if the Qataris resisted–might be worth the price of admission. That’s assuming the US wouldn’t back the Saudis like we have been doing in Yemen, though given our plummeting moral standards, anything is possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-to-sidestep-congress-to-clear-arms-deals-benefitting-saudi-arabia-uae/2019/05/24/367f4990-7e4d-11e9-a5b3-34f3edf1351e_story.html?utm_term=.ef70a6dbede8

Bet the guys in the Senate who oppose this won’t do anything.

This is the best of both worlds for them. They get to publicly oppose the deal but it gets to actually happen.

The thing is, I think a lot of those guys genuinely do not want this to happen.

Yet another example of the Congress willing delegating its authority to the Presidency and it coming back to bite them. Every single time that Congress gives the President emergency authority, it needs to add a provision that unless Congress specially authorize it, the emergency ceases to exist after 30,60, or 90 days, and the President is no longer allowed to call such an emergency without the specific authorization of Congress.

You’d think that there’d be bi-partisan agreement to fix this stuff after seeing what Trump can, do and for the Republican imagining what their favorite Democratic candidate whipping boy would do after seeing Trump’s actions.

You are suggesting that any Republican still has a moral center other than “got tax breaks and anti-abortion judges, doesn’t matter.”

Pretty naive, IMO.

Congress has always been too stupid to envision this. It’s all fun and games when it’s for your side of the issue. Then the other side starts using the same weapon.

To be fair, society in general struggles with it. Better to stick to principles.