Say Something Negative About a Game You Love

Agree. That pisses me off so much.

Cliff racers.

So many of the Bioware RPGs, Jade Empire/Mass Effect, where you think you have all this freedom to play out the story the way you want it, have a good hero but not too good hero and then you find our you were supposed to mix and max some dang bucket and because you didn’t some end game stuff is out of your reach.

CD Projekt fucked up leaving PoIs enabled by default and alternative movement disabled by default in Witcher 3.

If Legend of the Five Rings ended at the end of the Clan War the way FRPG originally planned I’d still be playing it today.

In Close Combat, the vehicle AI was terrible and when you had finally managed to get a tank in a good position, it would start turning around randomly.

…what game are you talking about here Giggly?

The weapon skins in PUBG are awful, and a terrible prioritization of the developer’s time.

I guess the OP should have specified that you, uh, actually give the name of the game you are talking about :)

From Software, put a pause button and difficulty settings in already. Loose that sperglord attitude.

In Tomb Raider I absolutely hated most of the running, river, and parachute sequences. You had to use WASD and that just wasn’t precise enough to move you from side to side in those sequences. I can’t count the number of times I had to redo the “river of death”.

You’re supposed to say something negative.

Haha, oops.

The entire series of D&D Gold Box games from the 90s (Pool of Radiance etc), and a few of the other D&D titles from that time.

There was also a movement penalty in combat for looting too much. Devastating in the later games where enemies keep throwing giant fireballs and area effects at characters. This could’ve been a fun system if the stores actually had stuff we’d want to buy.

The agents in Shogun 2 are over-powered.

The maps in every iteration of the Combat Mission series by Battlefront are too small (making pretty much everything a meeting engagement when flanking would have been the better option), and the graphics are laughably bad.

All the Ciri missions in Witcher 3 completely blow. I hate her powers, I hate giving up all my cool Witcher stuff, and I hate having to put the entire game on hold to hand-hold her dumb ass. I don’t care about seeing the story play out from any perspective but the main character I’ve been playing the other 99% of the time.

All my favorite WiiU games are stuck on the WiiU, unless I want to pay full fucking price for old games being released as new definitive versions on the Switch, without any sort of loyalty discount for WiiU game owners… which I don’t.

Darkest Dungeon is phenomenal… except it’s too, too, too, fiddly in town and it quickly turns offensively grindy. The pacing ultimately drags it down.

Cogmind is too difficult to see because everything is so small. But it’s a great roguelike, probably one of my favorites of all time.

Starsector (formerly Starfarer) is taking way too long to be released. I understand they’re taking their time doing it right (and doing it right they are!), but the first public alpha version came out in 2011 for crying out loud.

For a game with such wonderful colors that come out at night, it’s unfathomable that subnautica didn’t include a light switch to turn of the base lights.

Pong doesn’t have nearly enough variety.

Pac-Man never gains weight no matter how much he eats.

So, the flaw you are highlighting is that he should be named Pac-Boy.