Scalia found dead?

Yeah, if the Dems win the White House, Obama should totally withdraw the nomination and say that Hillary gets whoever she wants; the American people have spoken. The GOP could have gotten a moderate they liked by not being complete assholes. Make them pay.

I think the GOP is paying right now.

This is just more added to the bill.

Or that Biden actually ended that speech by stating a willingness to compromise and work with the sitting president so long as he didn’t Bork them.

I apologize in advance if someone has already said this, but something that just became glaringly obvious to me about how the republicans are holding their position not to consider Obama’s nominee and want the “next president to decide”

This is obviously (to me) their strategy to get every rank & file republican out to vote, regardless how they feel about whoever gets the nomination. Fuck the president, it’s only a 4 year term (and maybe they can shorten it & get the vice elected), the supreme court is for a LOT longer than 4 years.

All the hand-wringing about who doesn’t like who on the republican ticket, this might be the one thing that could get EVERY republican out to vote.

The court is enormously important, but I don’t think it will resonate with voters. It’s too abstract.

Tman - also that cuts the other way with both Ds and Rs, Libs and Cons being disgusted by Congress’ behavior on this matter. In terms of R handwringing however this won’t hold a candle to the craziness to come with confirming or usurping The Donald at the convention.

I don’t think so, all they have to say is that these are the people who made abortion legal, abolished segregation, etc…

LOL. “The best tasting, most flavorful Supreme Court nominee you’ve ever had - truly in a league of its own.”

This is part of the reason the Rs hate the Supreme Court so much.

This makes me wonder who Trump would nominate if he gets the chance - Donnie Deutch, Ivanka, Hulk Hogan, they all would make very classy justices.

David Duke.

Jack Thompson

Uh could you please put a trigger warning on that shit???

Glenn Beck?

Who was the last person to win the apprentice?

Trump starts marketing Trump Chocolate Bars.
Then whoever finds the golden ticket becomes the SCOTUS nominee.

edit: So long as they are white and male.

My prediction is Shaggy 2 Dope, to help corner the coveted Juggalo vote.

Eff the old apprentice, pitches new TV show to have the people decide the next Justice.

Are you saying Obama should choose Judge Judy?

Would also get Sanders Dems out to vote, at least downballot. So the strategy could backfire. unsure which crowd is bigger #nevertrump among Republicans or #neverhillary among Dems.