Scariest experience ever

Wow. This is just plain crazy. Glad you’re ok.

This reminds me of my bout of pneumonia, which I thought was just fever for a week before I got to the doctor. I stopped eating and lost 25 kg. Getting to the hospital for lung x-rays and realising I needed to ride in a wheel chair because I was too weak to walk, and then realising that I could have died from freaking pneumonia because I didn’t get it treated scared the hell out of me. And on a scale that is a pretty damn long way from what you went through there. Holy fuck, going blind and losing your memory would freak anyone out.

Don’t ever do that again. Hyperthyroidism isn’t a joke, and it doesn’t go away.[/quote]

All thyroid issues are serious. Mine is gone now, and if I don’t take my hormone replacement I will die in a few of months. If I don’t wander into traffic without understanding what I’m doing first.

They’re going to have to have me on just slightly more thyroid hormone than my body actually needs to suppress the hormone the pituitary puts out that stimulates growth in thyroid (and in my case, thyroid cancer) cells. While they find the right dosage they might get me hyperthyroid. I’m already taking a beta blocker to make sure my heart doesn’t go crazy.

Don’t mess with hyperthyroidism. Get an endocrinologist you can effectively communicate with and stick with it, man. There’s benefits to having your metabolism regulated by SCIENCE, beyond the whole not dying thing ;)

I’m glad you are alright, tromik, and best of luck to you, man.

Eh, you needed it. It’s like God’s own diet!

It has, and Hell yes!

My dad brought home a used copy of Championship Manager 03/04 from work he bought off another soccer fan. Any Western reviews?

Totally ignoring the medical stuff purely to rejoice in any mention of Championship Manager on these forums (get well soon, ahem).

If you like football then it’s the best management game around bar none (and that’s pretty much summed up all the reviews you’ll find about it).

The official site forums are worth a look for hints and tips (players, tactics etc) and to get the patches which will sort out some reasonably annoying problems with the initial release.

If you want some formations and scouting lists (good for top division sides in any Major european League) sending over then give me a shout.

Just don’t get the latest Championship Manager games, as they’re CM in name only. Football Manager is the new (old) King.

Also - yikes.

Eh, you needed it. It’s like God’s own diet![/quote]

Yeah, I’d say that it is by far the most successful diet I’ve ever heard of. Of course, I got completely exhausted walking the dog round the block afterwards, but I looked beautiful doing it.