Scary ass trailer

Got this off Aintitcoolnews, so you’ve all probably seen it. By the guy who made Pulse, which generally made no sense but had some seriously creepy parts.

Don’t watch if you’re about to go to sleep by yourself in Japan:

http://www.cine-tre.com/ju-on/trailor_s.html

Fucking thanks, Wolpaw. Jesus. I’m not planning on going to bed for a few days now.

What’s Pulse? The only thing I could find was this. Which, uhh, looks like it might give Zombie Lake a run for its money.

-Tom

Christ! What in the hell IS that thing?

There for a second, I thought the woman and kid were going to gangbang her.

The final scene was kind of more funny than scary. The ghost looked just as surprised as she did about being there underneath her blanket.

What’s Pulse? The only thing I could find was this.

Pulse is actually called Kairo in Japanese. It’s pretty easy to find in region-encoded DVD format, and definitely has a high creep factor but it never quite matched Ring levels of scare.

On a related note, you guys might want to check in with Takashi Miike – I don’t know if I’d classify his stuff as creepy in the same manner, but Audition (Odishon) will fuck you right up.

What is it with the Japanese and white, black-eyed kids?!

Wes Craven is remaking Pulse, fyi.

i hope david arquette is in it

I really liked the shot of the woman leaning crazily over the bed, and the child crouching at the bed’s foot.

What was it? I’m too chicken to click on the link, I might have a stroke or something. :D :D :D

What was it? I’m too chicken to click on the link, I might have a stroke or something. :D :D :D[/quote]

25 new screenshots of Battlecruiser. :P

Is this trailer linked anywhere else? I have Quicktime but this thing times out everytime I try. Same with the Large and Medium versions of it.

Ah, I knew it!!! Definitely stroke inducing!!!

Pulse has one of the creepiest and most subtle end-of-the-world type scenes I have ever seen. It involves a plane, and that’s all I will say.

I saw another one of Kurosawa’s (not Akira) films called Cure, and it was also generally creepy and vaguely nonsensical.

The more I think about it, Japan is the only country out there still making great, honestly creepy horror films, taking over from America in the 70’s and Italy in the 80’s. Who owned the 90’s? Probably Canada.

You got that too? He looked more freaked out than she did, you could almost see the ‘Huh??’ thought bubble.

First thing creeped me out though.

I can’t get at the clip–keeps timing out :(

Me too.