Scary timing - my leg stopped working while driving from pulmonary rehab

It sure does, lol. I’m half-expecting the cast of Scrubs to show up, now.

Gah. A younger pregnant woman just screamed at the nurses that she was in intense abdominal pain and couldn’t sit or stand had been waiting for 2 hours. So she’s walking around just fine, not wincing at all, standing perfectly upright as she leans over and screams at the nurse.

Why lie?

And her boyfriend is the one with the “suck me” subway t-shirt.

So… she didn’t read the tee shirt?

Sounds… Fascinating and not fun.

I hope they see you soon. If you are bored, feel free to hangout in the discord. Maybe we can keep you occupied.

I literally just got it… lolol.

And I’m now in a room, thank goodness. It’s always surreal seeing all all these people on stretchers in the hallway. Like a disaster movie.

Back in my mid 30’s I was walking down a hallway at a college and my right leg went instantly numb with a pain in my scalp…fell to the ground and after a few minutes the feeling came back but I had to sit and not hyperventilate. Super freaky. Ended up getting all sorts of tests and nothing came back positive but a year later found out i had very bad Hashimotos so that was messing with my nervous system…good luck…scary.

Imagine if the hospital was packed with covid patients.

I’ve never heard of that. How else did it manifest in you? Is it genetic?

Honestly, if covid was still bad an we didn’t have vaccines, I’m not sure I could have made myself come here.

Yeah. It’s one thing if they are in a sealed ward. But once they’re being lined up in corridors… I’d be too scared as well.

Take care and we’re all pulling for you Jeff!

The hospitals are particularly bonkers now that COVID is calming down around most of the US and people are catching up on delayed procedures. I was there today for an echocardiogram & stress test. Had to park many blocks away & wait a few hours. But that’s far better than being overloaded with COVID patients of course.

Diego

Hashimotos is a bad case of thyroid disorder when your thyroid releases antibodies to essentially come back and attack the thyroid itself. So, over time you go hyperthyrodic and then hypothyrodic and so much up and down really messes with your nervous system, heart, everything. I’m on stable thyoid meds kind of but still have super high antibodies and so at times my thyroid is just all out of whack. Has caused me many nervous system issues over the years…awful. Been tested for MS a few times and other things and it all comes back to my F’ed up thyroid.

Is removing the thyroid to have a more stable state an option? I have a friend who had thyroid cancer when she was 19 and had to have it removed.

Ya…my wife has been telling me for years to have someone take it out but my endos tell me, nah, it could cause other issues…uh…it’s already caused enough! So, that is a possibility for sure.

My friend has had no issues at since losing her thyroid. She’s an electrical engineer PhD.

A family member has Hashimotos as well, and takes Armour Thyroid for it along with seemingly constant blood tests.

Yeah, removing the thyroid is definitely a thing if you don’t want to die.

Since my usual stance of pretending it’s nothing and it’ll be ok isn’t working, I should say I’m also rooting for you, jpinard.

Thank you Perky.

Jeff <3

Wow. Jeff, be well mate. Close call with the car man, good thing you thought of swapping legs in time!

How did things end up going?