Scents for men

So any ideas on good cologne for men? Not nose burning from twenty feet away cologne, just a barely there scent.

Best thing to do is go smelling, and find something you like. Bring some coffee beans with you, as after a few sniffs, your nose has troubles distinguishing between scents.

Women have different preferences in men’s colognes than men do. Bring a lady-friend to help you pick, if you’re interested in choosing something that women find pleasant.

Most of my lady friends like the smell of Acqua di Gio. I usually swap between that and Versace

AXE BODY SPRAY BRO

What’s your budget?

$30? Drakkar Noire
$50? Issey Miyake Pour Homme
$150+? Any fragrance from CREED (JFK used to wear Vetiver)

Soap and water. Works every time.

rub a $100 bill behind each ear…

What’s your budget?

$30? Drakkar Noire
$50? Issey Miyake Pour Homme
$150+? Any fragrance from CREED (JFK used to wear Vetiver)

I like the John Varvatos line of colognes. They are typically distinct with such aromas as tobacco or leather but also not overwhelming in an elevator or office.

I also use Burberry’s Touch which is more a traditional scent.

Alternatively if you shave a good aftershave balm would work.

Although it’s considered quite gauche, I still love Drakkar Noir. Comedians love to make fun of it, but I wore it in high school and it’s just become part of my “smell”. The key is to apply a minute amount. If they’re smelling it and they’re not close enough to hug, then you’ve done it wrong.

Hai Karate. Preferably from a 2 gallon glass container purchased off the back of a truck. Be careful how you use it.

I have been wearing Kenneth Cole’s Black or Dolce and Gabanna’s The One and have gotten compliments for both.

For a specific scent, I think the men’s version of Estee Lauder Pleasures is great. It’s a citrusy, clean scent. I wear the women’s version, which is more floral.

No one else? If it’s good enough for my WWII vet, mechanic grandpa, its good enough for me. :)

I’d rather not smell like a grandpa, though.

Dior. Fahrenheit was trendy about 20 years ago, but I still like it. Eau Sauvage, though, is a classic. Very clean. (Actually, along those lines, the original, straight-up Eau de Cologne is very easy to live with.)

How a cologne will smell on you depends on your body chemistry, so make sure to try some on at the store first, and check how the scent changes over an hour or so.

Right on bro’.

I done my experimenting in my day with these new fangled colognes. Was kind of partial to Obsession, Night or Day. Did me some Grey Flannel, yessirre.

Then, in a senior moment, I forgot to pack any cologne on a trip to Sanibel early in June. Picked me up some Old Spice at the Super Mercado. It’s a nice clean scent. I diggit. I’d say the chicks diggit except, I am your grandpa. Likely old enough, anyway. Seriously, give it a whiff it’s nice and light and quite inexpensive (and, unpretentious too!)

I get the most complements when I wear either Armani Code or Aigner Black. For some reason I have built a large collection of cologne over the years, either through gifts or boredom in an airport.
While we are on the topic of cologne, how do you all spray it on? do you go direct to clothes, straight to the neck, or do you spray and walk into the mist? I do the spray and walk but my brothers do the direct spray to clothes.