Scents for men

http://www.menshealth.com/style/fragrance/Scent-Seduction.php?cm_mmc=Twitter--MensHealth--Content-Looks-_-SeduceHerWithScent

fwiw

I got hooked on their stuff a few years ago, but I really like both Buff and Hero by Archibald Sisters in Olympia.

Apparently, these are similar to Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier) and D&G for Men respectively.

I had a boss comment me on my cologne one day, she was asking what it was. I said Gillette Clear Gel - Wild Rain. She was a bit embarrassed but I got a good laugh.

I use Armani Code myself. Took a girl I worked with cologne shopping with me since she convinced me shopping by yourself and not having a woman on hand to give their feedback wasn’t the best idea since you’re trying to entice them.

Sounds like the girl from work was trying to do some enticing herself!

Arise ye olde thread of scents.

Summer arrives soon and I am looking for something new to wear for work and play.

I was suggested this 4711 cologne by a co-worker. What else is out there that I might not know about?

https://www.amazon.com/4711-Muelhens-Men-Cologne-Splash/dp/B001CT09LS/

My old barber had quite a few Clubman products back when I was a kid, the scents still bring a smile to my face.

I think I’ll give that Lime Sec a try.

I still use Coachman which my dad used and was also a barbershop staple.

Not directly related, but in the wake of the demise of the awesome North Carolinian soapier, Queen Charlotte Soaps, I’ve moved a lot of my daily cleaning supply purchases over to Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve out of Ohio.

https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/

I tend to favor the Soapnuts and Citrus shampoo bar in the summer and the Nettle or Herb Garden in the winter, and use the Citrus Woods Green Tea Body Soap all year long.

They sell a ton of other stuff like moisturizers and, I think, colognes and aftershaves, so if you’re looking for something fun and fresh, they’re a pretty good retailer, although their goofy-ass homeopathic-style ad copy about how Matcha Green Tea has been used as an antiseptic cleanser since the dawn of man or whatever would probably send an FDA employee into conniptions.

I tend to prefer this kinda stuff over full on cologne, which is usually overpowering (and let’s be honest here, who am I gonna fuckin impress as a 300lb walking hair monster?). Just the faint hint of woodsy herbs or citrus brightness lingering through the day, though, is quite pleasant!

Just wanna say while the homeopathic stuff is BS. but it’s still a great smell and flavor, lol

I mean I showered with it today and totally agree!

$3.99 for Old Spice Sport.

I’m a fan of citrus or sea (typically the “water” whatever) for day use during the summer. Prior to this GF I would switch things to be a little bolder in the evenings. My current GF is not a fan of a lot of ingredients in scents and I unfortunately have a limited list I wear around now.

I’ve not smelled 4711 though, I’ll see if I can find it around here.

If, like me, you find yourself in a period of wearing the same thing year after year, a really good start was a couple of sample packs from fragrancenet.com and luckyscent.com.

With those I quickly narrowed down a few that I liked and waited on a sale. Easy peesy. I guess you could always do the mall thing too where you can sample locally.

I know I’m likely to get crap about this… I am presently wearing

https://www.amazon.com/Eau-My-1-7-oz-Cologne-Spray/dp/B00GS83884

I bought it as a conversation piece but it turns out that I like the scent a lot.

So you are saying you have George Takei all over your body? :)

Oh my!

:) 345

@Scuzz you don’t really wear old spice sport , do you?

Yes I do.

I work on campus with a lot of Middle Eastern students. I don’t know what it is but several of them wear some type of cologne that smells like a carpenter’s workshop. Like when a circular saw blade gets too hot and burns the wood. It triggers my allergies.

Wood scent colognes are popular using any number of fragrant woods. That sounds like it might be sandalwood, which is a VERY common addition to scents for men and sometimes women as well. It’s hard to describe, like cedar but more musk like?

I don’t know. Sandalwood has kind of a distinctive odor, doesn’t it?