School shooting in Florida

Can’t wait for the GOP responses.

Oh, so he wasn’t a ‘registered democrat’ like the fake news was pushing immediately? How shocking. Not ‘antifa’ either? If you can’t trust ‘Info Wars’ who can you trust?

12:50 p.m.

The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee.

Jordan Jereb told The Associated Press on Thursday that his group, the Republic of Florida, wants Florida to become its own white ethno-state. He said his group holds “spontaneous random demonstrations” and tries not to participate in the modern world.

Thoughts and prayers.

Name sounds Mexican – “Build the Wall.” Also, thoughts and prayers, now is not the time, etc.

These are not especially bold predictions.

Leftos: “Do something! We cannot keep failing our people like this!”
GOP: “Thoughts and prayers/not the time for politics.”
Reasonable Pundits: “Closing the gun show loophole or banning assault weapons would have a negligible effect. Meanwhile, let’s look at the Dow…”
Gun Nerds: “You fucking idiot, you can’t even recite from memory the tech specs of an AR-15. Your opinion is invalid.”
NRA: “ARGLE BARGLE WE WILL KILL YOU IN THE STREETS AND YOU WILL DROWN IN YOUR OWN LUNG FLUID. Also, open carry in every state, woot!”
Australians on Twitter: “'Struth, you yanks okay over there? Plenty of shrimp on the barbie if you want to emigrate.”

I’m gonna opt out of this kabuki dance, I think. Y’all still have my vote.

Tweeting that article is the “thoughts and prayers” of the Left.

Except the left will actually vote in favor of politicians who espouse gun control measures.

Good. I gues that came off a little more glib than I intended, I just meant that in the dumb world of social media, I’m just as tired of hearing both responses.

I hear that.

Too easy.

He was obviously a false flag antifa agent who infiltrated a respectable Nazi group of Very Fine People to tarnish their reputation with a liberal attack on our gun rights.

When Hannity uses this line of argument tonight I want a consulting fee.

This bit was the absolute best part of that fantastic tweet thread:

Spot…fucking…on.

As for how to stop this insanity, I agree that repealing the Second Amendment and/or trying to pry guns from the hands of those who own them are no-win situations. Instead, we need a combination of common sense gun responsibility laws (close gun show loophole, enforce waiting periods, better and more accurate background and mental health checks, and several more), an overhaul of the healthcare system to provide better mental health benefits to everyone, responsibility in the media when it comes to events like this (covered by several posts above) and a push towards more meaningful interaction in the lives of children, actually teaching them to cope with problems rather than just trying to shield them from them all the time. A nice hard crackdown on bullshit social media and internet garbage (like Infowars) would be nice to see as well. First Amendment rights are in play, but when you have a site like Infowars all but trying to incite another violent act, they need to be held accountable for spreading bullshit.

There are actually a lot. One of the more famous ones on youtube right now has last name ‘fuentes’ along with extremely tortured arguments about how the 25% of him that is hispanic is from the white part of hispanic genetic, so it’s only 2.5% or something, etc etc.

Brilliant, I agree this is necessary.

Thanks for posting that. Well thought out and reasoned.

It would be so amazing if a communist sued infowars, put them out of business, and got super rich.

https://twitter.com/jasonroeder/status/963976307879985152

At least I can applaud David Jolly for being honest about what his party is going to do.

Repealing the Second Amendment would be a common sense action to take.

White Nationalist dude now claiming he mixed up the names:

There’s no need to repeal the second amendment. We just enforce it based on what technology was widely available at the time it was written.