SCOOB! - Discourse is not Satisfied with this Movie's Title

So many cute movies coming out. This looks just… adorable.

I’ve watched all the modern Scooby Doo movies with my kids, and this looks far, far better than any of them. I’m actually going to see this in a non-begrudging way. Hooray!

Replying simply so I get tagged if this is actually good. As my kids are young enough to have no recollection of the Mystery Gang. I’m sure in a year when this is on Netflix someone will remind the thread if this is worth watching.

Uh, they do realize that Great Danes last 8-10 years in average, right?

The talking varietal seems like it can still go strong after 50 years.

Yup. Scooby Doo was created in 1969. Feel old now?

I watched the original cartoons a lot, right up there with the Jetsons, Flinstones, and the other Hanna Barbera ones. They all pre-date me by like at least a decade if not more in some cases. It’s kind of… neat that content is still being played to newer generations.

Well he’s a talking dog so umm, special genes?

As long as he isn’t “Scrappy” I can deal with it.

Welp.

The studio announced Tuesday that the Scooby Doo movie will become available both to rent and to buy in the home on May 15 for $19.99 and $24.99, respectively. The rental period is 48 hours.

That price is a lot closer between renting and buying than I expected. It seems like for five more dollars just… buy it, especially if it’s MVA.

Buried in the Batgirl cancellation news, was the fact that Scoob! Holiday Haunt was also given the axe by the new WBD owners.