Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a movie based on the graphic novel series by Bryan Lee O’Malley. The director is Edgar Wright, he of the Shaun of the Dead fame.

Here’s the second, longer trailer on YouTube and here on Apple.

The AWESOME original comics story is published as small, black & white manga size paperbacks. The final, sixth volume will be published on July 20, 2010. The movie opens on August 13th.

And here’s the first, longer thread.

With a shitty name and a shitty poster that we are better off ignoring.

Yeah, he made this thread because alex’s old thread was retarded, didn’t even mention the name of the movie, and starts by denigrating it based solely on the trailer despite having no knowledge of the source material whatsoever.

This is the real Scott Pilgrim thread.

edit: what he said.

I have nothing new to add, but I support this thread!

Down with the other thread!

This movie looks so ridiculous it’s gotta be awesome. I’m hoping, at least.

Overall, the movie looks fun, but watching the trailer finally pushed me into the “Isn’t Michael Cera’s time up yet?” camp.

I disagree, I think this might actually redeem him a bit. I haven’t seen Youth in Revolt though, so I don’t know if that already did.

Also, loved the music from this trailer.

I don’t like Cera either. Wish it was his semi-clone Eisenberg, who’s a much better actor. My wife thinks it looks hilarious, though, so we’ll be going. Me, I think it looks OK.

Invaders Must Die, by The Prodigy. Good stuff.

Thanks for that, I just gave that song a spun and am pretty close to hunting down the album next time I’m at the record store.

Song’s got an awesome 8-bit NES sorta vibe.

It’s a great album- Also used in Kickass.
Record store?

I have this surreal notion that Micheal Cera could eventually become a proper actor, but only after the AD movie is done.

I started to read the comic and found the art to be annoying and the writing to be horrendous. The trailer for this looks good though, so maybe the movie version is better.

Record store. :)

Oh, the other one’s an alexlitel thread? In that case, what other thread?

i’m excited. I generally don’t care for Cera, not to the point I won’t see his movies, but he’s definitely not my favorite actor by any stretch of the imagination. I haven’t read the books, though I intend to hunt them down after seeing the newest trailer.

I really like the art-style going on in the trailers, as though it’s a video game or something akin to that. It could be a smash hit if the content is there.

I subscribed to this thread because the title actually makes, you know, sense. Down with the other thread.

Fight the power!

New TV spot with a new scene or two. As I said, this is going to be the blockbuster to beat for 2010.