Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

How’s that waffle taste? Is the experienced heightened when you’re wearing flip-flops, or does it pair best with a side of crow?

Enquiring minds, etc.

Despite not having read the comic, I am somewhat familiar w/ it and I’ve been looking forward to this for a while. I’m pretty much tired of Cera, but Edgar Wright can be relied upon to bring the awesome. Probably going to be seeing this one opening weekend.

First trailer is still terrible.

Has Michael Cera ever not play the same wussy character?

I heard he was up for the lead role in Black Dynamite, but they went with someone else. Damn typecasting!

Too bad, as Cera was clearly born to spout lines like, “Shh, mama, you gonna wake up the rest of the bitches.”

You should click on one of the links to the trailer! That’s what this thread is for!

He still comes off as wuss with no confidence before he does the fighting stuff.

Agreed, but maybe it’s just those scenes? He wasn’t at his most-awesome at the house party, IIRC. I’d like to see what he’s like in the film when he brings the Asian schoolgirl to band practice.

Scott Pilgrim is supposed to be a confident, cocky m’fer-f’er. He’s got not right to be, for the most part, but he is.

I don’t really get the wuss vibe from this movie like I have his previous ones, especially the fights.

Yeah, but I think that’s part of the joke (and maybe why Cera was cast): he looks like a typical skinny dorky slacker, until he busts out some kung-fu on an evil ex.

My take on SP in the books is he’s not so much confident as cheerfully oblivious; he just plows ahead with whatever he’s doing because he doesn’t know any better. He always seems genuinely surprised when someone points out one of his shortcomings. Once he starts trying to be introspective, it all falls apart for him.

That’s a great description of Scott’s character, unbongwah.

It hadn’t dawned on me until you said this, but the whole thing is very much a modern comedy of manners.

Unbongwah has the perfect description. There is none better.

I’ve heard of the books before but after seeing the movie trailers I’m more likely to pick up them now.

From my conversations with the guys over at Oni, they are getting ready to sell a lot of books this summer.

Boos?

I forgot that I didn’t ask my LCS to preorder a copy for me (DAY ONE!), but they already preordered it for me anyway. Love my LCS.

It’s awesome how the iPad fixes errors, isn’t it?

Io9.com
has a clip of the fight against the movie star evil ex.