SCOTUS under Trump

Ireland just legalized abortion. They were the last EU country to do so.

Do you think the EU is less civilized now?

Cut you some slack: You just said you haven’t kept up with this topic, like at all, and then you decided judge it. What exactly did you expect to happen by saying you don’t know what’s being discussed here because you can’t be bothered to read it, but then you decided hey I’m going to pass judgement on what I haven’t read.

Come on.

Around here, perhaps, but please do consider performing your pieces at the next meeting of White Men Club.

here we go

Responsible governance, right?

Or is it “got mine, sucks to be you!” governance?

I’ll engage a couple times and let it drop.

Mocking sexual assault victims to own the libs - what a brave stance to take. Gee, wonder why it’s so hostile here to those of questionable morality.

And this is the kind of hateful, ignorance-based filth we’ve all got to work to vote out and silence forevermore. They can’t be reasoned with or taught; they’re beneath that. So they must be drug, kicking and screaming, into a modern world where gay people are human and women are more than barefoot baby factories to be raped at will.

Know the face of the enemy, well. It will not rest or falter; we must overcome.

The people who are determined to get abortions will still get them, if Roe vs Wade is overturned. Even mistresses and daughters of Republican Congressmen and Presidents will still get them. Same as it ever was. It’s amusing that you think they will somehow not happen anymore. Apparently there were no abortions performed prior to RvW.

But Armando, we must meet them halfway! Perhaps we just haven’t thought enough of how men have been so badly mistreated. Those hateful, falsely accusing women are everywhere, aborting their babies and making life miserable for the rich.

There will be plenty of states that will keep it legal.

I read as far as where you said Dr. Ford’s testimony was contrived. That’s all I needed to. Eventually we will beat your co-ideologues for good at the ballot box, or if the rulers who think like you make it impossible that way, in other ways. “Orange Revolution” or the less pleasant kind, when most people really have nothing to lose.
Either that or the country will become another third world authoritarian shithole with the .01% and their toadies living like human beings and everyone else living in favelas.

The self made man myth.

Except it is the GOP that has grown the government most in the last few decades. Their infatuation with bloated military spending. And their tax cuts are only for the rich, they ultimately raise tax rates on the middle class so the wealthy can get more.

I’m not going to try and pile on, but will engage in good faith if you will. But statements like

Fly in the face of reality. When a smaller and smaller pool of people wield greater power and influence, when the percentage of income and wealth hoarded at the top level is higher than at any time since the gilded age, when workers rights and protections that enabled the existence of the middle class are under assault and we enter a new age of capitalistic serfdom, what recourse is there. There is a drastic power imbalance in play, and the wealthy are doing everything in their power to crush the economic and political power of the working and middle classes.

So to say that grown up men can’t take care of themselves because minimum wages have not kept up with inflation, and because despite economic growth the real wage growth for the bottom 50% has been either flat to negative? Well, what do you expect when decades of GOP policy has been explicitly to bring about that outcome?

I note you don’t carp about the biggest takers in our society, the beneficiaries of corporate welfare. Where is your contempt for the bankers?

Truth! One of them is even president!

I believe that we can expect a nuanced response to any good faith attempts to wrangle with the well-off white man.

It’s pretty convenient that every commentator on Fox News was commending Dr. Ford and how earnest and credible her testimony was.

…for about 10 minutes, until Kavanaugh started yelling and screaming about beer.

Now those same people would tell you that she’s a fraud, that she’s lying, that she’s misremembering, or whatever the fuck.

I would like to believe he is not without empathy.

Granted his opening is not suspicious regarding that. But I extend the courtesy and opportunity to prove that wrong.

I know, I know, white man’s empathy, etc.

:)

Fuck you.

Says the guy whose buddy murdered a woman and dumped her body in the waters near Copenhagen.