SCOTUS under Trump

Susan Collins is just another republican. Normal people should stop expecting her to do the right thing, she is not a “moderate” she is a republican and should be treated the same as the rest of them. Vote her out.

Indeed, if someone always reliably falls for the con, they’re not the mark. They’re in on the con.

That is so good.

Yup. There are rare exceptions, I am still gobsmacked McCain found his conscience last year for a day. But still I would happily see him voted out in favour of a Democratic Senator.

I just saw a 30 second ad for Kavanaugh. On MSNBC.

WTH kind of world am I living in?

Doesn’t matter if your cause is blue or red, only color that matters on network news is green.

Oh, I agree, but… the Republicans have the numbers to confirm him, already … don’t they? Why bother with an ad in the first place, let alone one on a liberal news network?

Wait, Supreme Court nominees get TV commercials now?

This is the first I’ve ever seen.

Yeah but what are they getting with an ad for a Supreme Court nominee?

Votes from Democratic senators in red or purple states, including on procedural votes leading up,to,the nomination. Votes for Republican senators from the public.

Here in North Dakota, with one Democrat senator, there’s been a bunch of ads to put pressure on her to approve his appointment.

Haha, oh, man, I… that’s hilarious! Oh, wait, you were serious.

I suspect the Republican Senators threatening to hold out will fold now due to the NC gerrymandering ruling- they’ll want to fill it quick to keep the rigged elections in NC. Fair elections would probably cost the Republican at least 4 seats.

letmelaughharder.gif

Hearings are off to a good start.

Yeah, listening on the way in to work, it’s been a shitshow. I don’t know if SCOTUS hearings are always like this, with the late document dumps, etc, but seems pretty shady overall.

42,000 pages of documents on Kavanaugh dumped on a Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Senate Democrats on the committee doing all they can to disrupt and protest the hearing.

But here’s the thing: the start reality is that they can do nothing but make noise, and hope that this shitshow hurts Republicans even more at the polls.