SCOTUS under Trump

Are there terrible hot takes yet about how attempted rape isnt, like actual rape, and how enforcing that is really just a thought crime because you can’t prove what would have happened and what about free speech and stop being so politically correct, damned libs?

I ask because I suspect that there are and I’m scared to actually read one.

Have you considered becoming a right-wing pundit? Blow that up to 500 words and you too could be a columnist making six figures!

This made me laugh out loud.

Yes I understand that. What I’m saying is that some of those senators who lose will be unlikely to ram through a nominee their replacement wouldn’t be happy with, and all the red state Dems who won will no longer have an incentive to defect (but Collins, for example, still will).

Seriously.

I’m not sure how it’d go if they tried to lame-duck a nominee through.

What would be interesting though, is that IF the Democrats rolled a 20 on percentile dice and got control of the Senate, that would probably also signal a pretty strong wave in the House…which might make someone like Collins (or Corey Gardner in Colorado) take an early read on the tea leaves and decide “Hell with this”, and just vote the party line in preparation for bowing out before they come up for reelection in 2020.

Collins not having that whole phone calls behind closed doors stuff.

Just a reminder:

• Are you white, nearly a legal adult, and force yourself onto a woman under horrific circumstances? Not a big deal.

• Are you black, between the ages of 14 and 16, and proven to be innocent in the court of law? Too bad, you should be executed.

It still blows my mind that Chuck Woolery is a right wing troll now.

So, there is a new hearing, and K. says that yeah he got drunk and maybe he could have “communicated better”, and his memory is different than hers, but he sincerely regrets if she “felt uncomfortable”. And then he gets all the votes, right?

I think he is going to argue he wasn’t even there and that her memory is f’ed and it was some other guy

He should just comment on her looks and say, “Have you seen her? If I was gonna, not that I did, but if I was… Not her, y’know? Am I right?”

Like our President.

So THAT is how you get 65 people to vouch for you from high school.