Screw you CAPTCHA!

Repeat until customer quits in frustration

pick stupid picture
ask person to identify squares
ignore input

Loop

Well I mean, if you are routing all your traffic through TOR then your traffic looks naughty. I can’t blame them for putting defenses up.

I thought the purpose of captcha is to figure out whether you are a bot or a person.

I would say their software sucks at determining that.

I mean right from the first line of their website:

BotDetect™ CAPTCHA generator is a non-stalking form-security solution that uses a mix of measures, that are easy for humans but hard for bots, to prevent automated form posting .

Yes, but if you came there not from TOR you wouldn’t be flagged as high risk and wouldn’t have to answer the highest level of CAPTCHA. It is based on the source of the traffic. You can certainly complain about it, but you are really opting into it.

Again, it’s not the one captcha screen that is bugging me, it’s that it’s an endless series of screens with no end.

Sigh

I do wonder if Google is using captcha as crowd-sourced AI training for its self-driving cars. Identify the images that have fire hydrants. Identify the images that have stop signs. Identify the images that have buses. Etc.

Yes. It is known (not necessarily the cars exclusively).

I mean yeah, obviously, that is what they’re doing. Yes. Training machine learning algorithms.

Skynet started as a CAPTCHA applet.

OK, that’s pretty funny.