Scythe - Digital Version

Wow, just got an email from Stonemeier Games (as I’m sure many of you did) about Scythe coming to Steam. Looks good!

Awww, I want iOS!

I’d have to think it isn’t far away.

Guess I won’t be buying the official Tabletop Simulator DLC, then.

Yeah, that Steam trailer says Apple and Google Play store next to Steam at the bottom, so it’s clearly coming.

I got the same email from Asmodee Digital. Wishlisted.

It’s supposed to be released today, but hasn’t yet.

yes, not yet :-(

It’s weird because it doesn’t have, well, anything on the page about a date or anything.

I’m assuming that’s Early Access, not really-for-real released.

Just as an fyi.

"Requires 3rd-Party Account: Asmodee.net (Supports Linking to Steam Account) "

No biggee. If you’ve bought any of their other releases (Twilight Struggle, etc.) you already have one anyway.

Hopefully not. But fyi Twilight Struggle makes its very clear this is required for online play only.

"Requires 3rd-Party Account: Playdek account is required for online play "

This one looks more general. Hopefully its just for the multiplayer stuff but if its for single player then that has an impact for me at least, I play a lot in offline mode so any online needed is always a flag. Its why I had to refund Pathfinder. It didn’t allow me to play offline.

Oh wow. Multiplayer. That’s exciting.

I needed this account for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game as well, though.

I have this game and didn’t create an Asmodee account. Am I missing out on something? What is it?

I think I got a reduction in price coupon for the game for having an account, and then when I signed in I got a bunch of goodies for having played it on iOS (I just downloaded it and signed in to get the bonuses). Due to the ambassador program, I think I also got the Goblins DLC for free, or something? I don’t remember signing into the Asmodee accont in game to be optional, but maybe it is now or maybe I’m mis-remembering.

I got the goblin thing for buying it on Steam, so my purchase was not mobile to PC but PC to mobile. Connecting with Asmodee is optional, and for me the Goblin DLC was “free” because I purchased from Steam and didn’t do the fee stuff I think mobile has.

I love playing board games online. My most patient and strategic friends are online. My local gaming group exists because I introduced a ton of them to board games and having fun with them. This game seemed… maybe complex for most of them.

So apparently this has online multiplayer on Steam now (still in early access though). If anyone wants a game, let me know!

For those allergic to Early Access, it’s now official.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/718560/Scythe_Digital_Edition/