SD card no longer detected by Windows

Some time ago I screwed up and used the Windows disk management to format an SD card and somehow it managed to totally corrupt the thing so that Windows no longer even recognizes it. Nothing shows up when I insert it into the SD card reader on my computer. I don’t really care about anything that was on it (as I was formatting it at the time) but I wouldn’t mind being able to use it again as 8GB SD cards are pretty handy for ereaders. Is there any way that I could try to fix the issue or do I have basically a dead SD card?

Multiple dead or gone read only cards a year running raspberry pis.

Do you have any other computer around to read it? Or is it dead across all devices trying to access it?
If the latter is the case, it’s probably dead, Jim.

If not, I’d suggest firing up Linux (in a VM if you must, but to access a card reader from a VM is not easy, so I’d just go and get a Live-USB of a distro and boot using that, no installation necessary) and use one of its many great tools to restore disks (some of which may be available on Windows, too).
It’s all fairly technical, of course, but I doubt you’ll find a simple “it just works!” solution in this scenario.

Just curious, have you tried deleting the partitions, then creating a new partition and then formatting the card?