Sdorica Sunset - Awesomely Illustrated Tile RPG for Mobile

Neat little game I picked up from the app store, it’s really rare for me to find a game with delicious art that steers away from app store trends, mechanics that are fair to casuals but also present a challenge to more savvy gamers, and doesn’t force you to buy IAP (and if you do they have FAIR weekly packs at 3.99)

To elaborate, what’s cool about this game is that you can complete the story with any of the characters you get, yes there is gacha for characters but what’s more important in this game is how you compose your team vs OMG I NEED TO GET THE LEGENDARY MEGA RARE.

For example there are tanks that build armor, attack aggressively, or trigger your other character’s spells… and then there’s a tank that plays dead and counter attacks anyone who hits them with… a blow dart.

Also, all of the characters can be upgraded to Super Rare and some of the commons are the best in the game, this is how you make a mobile game. Hopefully at least one person here plays ORRRRR at least considers checking it out :D

Reported

reported for?

@tacopizzacats, is this your game?

No reason to think this is spam. It’s a pretty well reviewed mobile asian-looking RPG, with a tigerman and a dogperson.

If you say so. It’s 1) a poster with minimal forum participation, and none since February, 2) promoting a F2P gacha game 3) in its own thread rather than the existing indie game or iOS game threads. I probably would have given the benefit of the doubt to any two out of those three, but not the trifecta.

I’d give them the benefit of the doubt at least, and I hate these games.

lol, second time I’ve posted on here and been attacked. I actually told a friend on here that I’ve wanted to post a mobile game but I didn’t think anyone would care, they encouraged me to post and I did, and of course this happened. It would be nice if I did something wrong if people would I don’t know, try to help me find the right board instead of immediately reporting me

not my game @Telefrog

@Thraeg I don’t post on here constantly because I AM in fact working on a game and a comic, and that, you know, takes up a person’s time.

Yeah, tacopizzacat keeps getting attacked!

Reporting is fine, threads like this do initially look a bit suspect.

for lack of a better word… just attacked as in, not really given a chance before the worst is thought of me simply because… i’m new and/or not

not even gonna attempt to post about Paladin’s Strike at this point lol

Sorry about this mang. I’m sure there are plenty of folks around here that like these games.

I will generally try these when they look decent enough. These are generally fun enough for a week or two of killing time. I had this one and it’s certainly nice to look at. Maybe I’ll give it another try if it’s something that might last longer.

IDK when you played, but I think there is some end game that nets people some small paid currency, I’ve just been playing for the week and I’m going to max the account and then see what they roll out in the future. This company has a pretty damn good reputation as a mobile company so I’m looking forward to good things!

all good! i have a tough skin, but sheesh it’s like people are just looking for a good witch hunt sometimes >.>

And yet no one blinks at the Stardock community manager (not Brad) who basically just posts in the Stardock threads…

They’re dedicated, established Stardock threads. Also I believe Brad is friends with Tom.

I’ve been trying out a bunch of different mobile strategy and RPGs recently, but the core gacha based mechanics exhaust me almost instantly now. Even if there’s a relatively friendly F2P curve, the fact that I have to constantly manage an inventory of different currencies and common drops burns me out super quickly. I drop out before I even hit the payment wall.

Which ones have you picked up? Maybe I’ll take a peak, I will try almost anything that looks good that doesn’t have a godforsaken ENERGY SYSTEM. I can’t believe people still continue to encourage games like this, it’s a trap to get you hooked, and compel you to return to maximize your mileage, then when they’ve let you decently progress for a month or less, they start offering you paid refills. I’m okay spending money on a F2P mobile when I get more hours out of it than I would playing a AAA story game.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Good thing they are trying to make this place more welcoming!

Incidentally, what sort of game are you working on?

I’ve kinda, sorta, started getting used to energy systems when done the right way. For a long while I did my best to avoid them like the plague, but with some games they are almost necessary because they keep you from wanting/needing to grind constantly. I’ll offer Fate Grand Order as an example.

OTOH, I stopped playing the Danmachi game right away, even though I liked it, because it has items that unlock certain quests for an hour at a time, and I don’t want to feel compelled to grind my eyes out for an hour to not waste the item. To me, that doesn’t respect my time as a player.