Sea of Thieves!

Weekend update

My crew and I, only 3 of us this time because one guy couldn’t play, flew the Reaper flag Friday night as usual. We were just starting out and trying to stock up on ammo, planks, storage crates, etc, and we spotted a sloop and decided to let them know whose server they were on.

Turns out this sloop was allied with a galleon, who rolled in to defend his little buddy. We broke off the sloop and got into a long protracted battle with the galleon, while the sloop cruised off presumably to cash in or whatever.

Nope, sloop comes back with another sloop and a brigantine in their alliance. Now its our brig against 4 ships. And we are out of ammo, so we’re basically attacking them with bad language. Our strategy shifts to keeping our ship at a range and boarding and stealing their supplies. It’s a long, protracted battle. We were fighting these 4 ships for about an hour.

At one point, I boarded one of the sloops that had 3 guys on it, so at least 1 guy from another ship, and managed to kill them all. It was now my sloop. The tide of the battle turned when I closed on the galleon with the commandeered sloop and unloaded a fully volley of shots and then rammed them, and took all their firebombs and lit both ships on fire. I boarded the galleon, dropped their anchor, ate a stolen pineapple, and filled my pockets with their ammo. My buddy had shooting himself to a fort and loading his pockets, mermaid-ing back, and repeating. We had about 50 cannon balls now, and finished off the galleon.

Turns out we’d been fighting so long that none of the other ships had ammo anymore either. For some reason, they kept fighting, and with our stolen ammo we sunk them all. The Brigantine had all the loot. A 4 ship alliance worth of loot. That they didn’t sell for some reason, probably because they thought they owned the server with a 4 ship alliance. It was double gold weekend and we got 600,000 gold selling all their stuff to the reaper’s hideout (with a tier 5 flag).

1 ship vs 4. Six Hundred Thousand gold. It was a good night.