Sea of Thieves!

in small doses. If you want to try it, do the game pass.

I don’t have a problem with this game, honestly, I have a problem with the price. It feels like it has less actual content than puzzle pirates. That said, when it works, it really works. Running from another ship can be a really good time. However, then, you’re going to have times where you’re turning in a chest and someone shoots you to death and spawn camps you. It can be pretty fun to seek revenge, but spawn-camping is an immediate turnoff.

Totally agree with you there Harkonis.

Yeah, pretty much this. That’s a great way of putting it.

I’m pretty sure that I’m enjoying the stories here way more than I’d enjoy the game. I’m cool with that.

This made me chuckle.

My brother’s just been doing exactly this. He quietened down after I shared it.

I kinda miss everyone coming in here to say there is no content and nothing to do. :-)

If you have a group to play with it seems like it could be fun. Saw some streamers playing together last night (BlackBurke and GassyMexican), and they were in a fight with another ship when the kraken showed up. Both ships managed to get away, and then the fight continued. One thing they need to change is people respawning so close to the group that killed them.

Agreed. You wind up fighting forever until one crew just logs off.

I’m intrigued!

I won’t be around later but should be good for some tomorrow. Will be sure to flag anyone who’s around on the Xbox App.

I just got this on a whim through the gamepass thing. I’m LPall.

Doing a lot of that myself. A bit repetitive, punctuated w/ as you said high tension when other players arrive on the scene. Different sides of the world, etc, but I added you to my Xbox friend list.

I tried starting a run by myself but I was having trouble activating a mission once I picked a few up from the vendor. So I just sailed around and took in the sights, which was also cool.

How I like to imagine the Sea of Thieves pitch meeting in regards to pirate activity

Hate those Merchant quests. The only reason I do 'em is so the shadowy figure from the Pirate Underground can tell me, every five levels, to gain five more levels.

Anyone want to group up in 20min or so?

Somewhat interesting - ex-Rare artist talking about how they complained the game was shallow

The merchant quests are the worst. I don’t even do them.

I pretty much only do the Merchant Quests for a couple reasons. One is that I tend to find random chests and skulls much more often than merchant stuff so all the factions are levelling up at about the same rate while I do my merchant quests. The other reason is because I want to get done with that faction first.

It’s the only part of the game that I actively dislike

The problem is… Is there a getting done? I’ve enjoyed the game quite a bit, but the lack of content is definitely wearing thin.

Who wants to be a pirate tonight?? @mono and I were thinking of trying to get together tonight at 10 Eastern and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to join and try a galleon?