Sea of Thieves!

LOL, I think my PC aspires to be a kiwi…

I connected remotely to my PC (from work) and tried this. It worked!

They guide to to grab entry level quests, and head out on to your boat. I managed to sink my ship against the rocks immediately before exiting.

I have to do real work on my PC later, so I’m not certain i can keep it in the NZ region

Will be attempting to play 9pm pst tonight with the rest of the USA, pc.

Tag: Kono1134

OK cool, maybe we can try to line up times we will be online if we want to try to group up? Like I think I mentioned, my gamertag is divedivedive, and I’m usually on nights (PST). What time exactly depends on when the rest of the family goes to bed, but maybe 9 or 10.

I’ll probably sign up for the Game Pass free trial tonight to kick this around for a couple weeks and see if I want to continue. That said, I probably won’t be on much except late (after 9pm) PST- this is probably the worst-possible two weeks for me with launching a new business and having the little nonprofit I run having its annual conference to put on next Monday. Still, it’ll be nice to have something fun to decompress into at the end of the day for a bit. Gamertag is Don Quixote for those I’m not already friends with, and I’m mostly always good for an invite.

Streamers are on this as can be expected for launch day, and it does look like there’s noticeably more content than in beta streams, including more and differently themed quest types, way more loot types, etc.

Sounds like a great 2 weeks with a new business! Good luck.

I will be on a lot with my kiddo. PST gamertag: therocksal1563

It’s downloading on my PC and Xbox One. Time to be more pirate!

Correct.

You would have to friend them in xbox app, leave back to the crew screen, invite them, and launch again.

A pain for sure.

It will take some getting used to, especially with how great some other games I’ve played have handled drop in/out like The Division. Hopefully that fix will be coming soon.

I switched to NZ to preload the game. works like a champ with the game pass

True. But if/when they patch in the private crew only, as intended, you can invite anyone, even someone you just met in game, to join your crew. It’s just not available at launch.

Rare was trying to guarantee the best player experience by auto filling crews and always knowing how many sailors to a ship and what types of ships were on the seas. The idea then being that, as you sail around, they transfer ships seamlessly around servers to aim for an encounter with other pirates every X minutes (whatever they deem the best balance between treasure hunting and pirating at the time).

This conflicts with a mode where players can sail around with half empty ships waiting for friends and where it’s harder for Rare to automatically balance players on a server and not totally random encounters.

So they went the way they initially thought would present the best overall player experience. But they heard the community when players asked for more seamless grouping options and they will implement them.

By the way, if anyone is a fan of The Goonies, I recommend you watch that video I linked. A nice little bit of marketing with throwbacks.

I am in. Live in Australia so playing already. Its fun! I give them a lot of credit for a totally immersive UI, although it takes a little getting used to.

I wanted to add this as a shortcut through Steam so it shows when I am playing. Its my first Win 10 Microsoft Store game, and it seems they lock down the apps folder so I can’t easily get access - which means I cannot browse to the exe to add to Steam. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, I met my first player, innocently poking around my ship at the newbie docks, so I stabbed him until he jumped into the water and then shot him when he returned to his ship. Arrrgggghhhhh!

I know most of you are PC players, but I’ll be available to play crossplatform ;) If you send a friend request just let me know you are from here. I get a lot of strange friend requests due to streaming. :(

I mean if you’re gonna watch streams of this game… this is probably the one to watch.

He’s like a pirate all the time, so this game is like his dream come true.

for some reason i thought i could solo this, but that appears to be ultra hard mode? no ai/bots to fill out a small crew?

You can solo it…just you alone on the small boat. Yes, difficult if you have to go up against other ships. No bots though. I enjoy soloing at times. Nice to just relax and travel the seas.

Can’t believe the stupid game is down. Typical of a launch. My kid is running around the house screaming!