Sea of Thieves!

You can always just sink your ship so it spawns elsewhere so you can get on your way without having to leave the game. But they do have plans for tweaking the spawning of things to make fewer annoying wars of attrition type spawn situations.

The treasure is ultimately meaningless. It doesn’t progress your character at all, it just lets you make them look different. When you do discover something, like a message or shipwreck, the best you can hope for is a chest you lug back to a vendor for gold. There’s nothing to look forward to.

“But Pirate Legend!” which is… what exactly? More fetch quests for a new vendor.

The islands are empty and boring. The combat is bad. The core game loop is not fun after a day of playing, and I played the beta for 2 days.

Fix’d!
And I agree with this post 100%. I just don’t see how they’re going to keep people playing.

Stolen from Reddit:

I do not understand how you can make a game about literally searching for loot chests without meaningful loot in them.

It’s a fun game in small doses. It’s Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator with a Master and Commander theme, inside of a PvP sandbox that tilts towards wackiness.

It’s got 5% of the content of the Division but trades a grimdark urban apocalypse for a sunlit Caribbean cartoon. PvP in the Division is a serious, tense affair that ends in tears. PvP in Sea of Thieves is a funny caper that occasionally rewards skill, teamwork or a creative approach.

Your $60 here does not entitle you to 200 hours of quests, missions and gear. It’s a few dozen or more mini pirate episodes that are as random as you want to make them.

I am looking forward to playing some tonight. I did the stress test but only as a loner. The graphics are great but solo it was a bit too lonely and demanding. Ran my ship aground too many times.

I have added friends from this thread that weren’t on my list already, and my gamertag is still Galadin.

Will be playing after 7pm, will add more folks.

Yes, exactly that, this should be on the back of the box. I find it satisfying to be part of a crew heading out to do whatever goofy pirate stuff strikes out fancy. If somebody ganks me and sinks my ship, well in 30 seconds I’ll be back on the waves with a new one. The fun tax is extremely low. I understand this won’t work for everyone, and in that case it’s awesome that there’s essentially a two week free trial period. Why not try it out?

I’ve spent the last few hours trying to get around this on the Xbox App:

It’s very hard to express just how angry I am right now about this bullshit.

ip6 issues I think tend to cause that kind of problem

I have no idea what kind of problem this is, I never do with networking. I’ve tried DMZ, port forwarding, static IP… nothing is changing.

That’s no fun. Best troubleshooting page is here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat

Might be as simply as uninstall / reinstall the xbox app for Windows. I also like the look of “solution 2” which is reinstall the specific Toredo network interface.

Keep us posted.

Getting the “Lavenderbeard” error that the servers are temporarily unavailable. Does that mean just keep trying till it works, or check back in a few hours?

Ha, are we back to Bungie level inscrutable errors? I remember having “marionberry” errors back in the early Destiny days.

I guess launches are still hard for an upstart like Microsoft. Maybe if they’d had the resources to perform stress tests in advance.

Jeez. All right, maybe I’ll be playing with you guys some time next week?

There won’t be anything left to do by then and we’ll have moved on 😢

Yeah, I’ve been down that page twice now and no luck. Literally no idea what to do.

Thanks for pushing me off the fence (Pyperkub on xbl)

Longtime lurker also having trouble logging in today. Bouncing between cinnamonbeard and lavenderbeard.

Whenever I can login I’ll be xbox live lurking as evilekim.

Of course by the time they fix the login errors I might be playing Battletech.