Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

Aw, you guys!

The man is in way over his head. He’s struggling badly, with a crazy boss who might well regret hiring him.

His first conference was an utter disaster. He read his script and bolted, and I think almost lost his job over it. He’s making stupid choices about who he’s working for. He’s ending up lying about stupid things on international television, whining about media coverage, and generally being an idiot. The right thing - ethically, morally, all the rest - would be to quit.

I’m quite capable of holding all that in my head and still feeling sorry for the guy. I think with a normal president, he might have been a perfectly good White House spokesman. As it is, it’s like watching a tragic villain story play out live in front of a White House podium.

Hmm, fair enough, fair enough. Well reasoned…

Fuck 'im in the ear. Fuck 'im in the other ear.

I think Spicer is pretty terrible regardless, (at least base on previous position as RNC Communications Director) but having to go in front of a crowd of journalists and try to defend the craziness from Trump’s administration can’t be easy.

Hey, look, I hear Goebbels’ boss was a real bear to work for, but I don’t exactly spend much time worrying about how tough his job must have been.

That comparison is just out of line. Goebbels was a way better public speaker than Spicer.

https://twitter.com/briancrano/status/829456925804855296
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/829457657270525959

Spicer now claims he “clearly meant Orlando” when he referred to an “Atlanta” attack. Three different times.

Orlando, tomato, what’s the difference?

So, a new strategy for them? Make up whatever lie you want and then when pressed about it days later just say you misspoke.

Up to now it was all doubling down all the time, but maybe this is a good strategy for his surrogates, or when the lies haven’t been “approved” yet for the underlings.

So

Has anyone else noticed… that Sean Spicer has become …

more orange?

In the future, we’ll all be orange.

Must be a side effect of winning.

Time for some Commander Spicer (c-span live, he’s not on yet).

The Spicer must flow!

someone shop Trump’s face onto a sandworm, and Spicer’s face onto Paul while riding him.

Or Putin on paul?

There are really so many ways we can play this.

LIKE +++

I was really tough on Obama’s first press secretary Robert Gibbs, who I thought was really awful. Sean Spicer is objectively worse on pretty much all levels. I’ve spent enough time around top PR people in both corporate and government to know that it is a tough job. It is especially tough when your client/boss has a bad story to tell.

That said the press secretary for the President of the United States is the most important PR job in the world. There is simply no reason for anybody but A+ quality people do to in the job. The sooner Spicer is gone the better for the country. I can empathize with the Samsung, Flint Michigan, and Chicago PD press spokesperson, but not the White House press secretary.

Other than the fact that they can get paid more money doing easier jobs.

Yeah, I feel a little bad for the guy given the impossible task of trying to be the spokesperson for the cracked and messy regime in the White House. He literally has the worst job there, it is an impossible task that they are asking of him, and there is no way that anyone doing that job would look good.

If he lies to the press, he looks bad, and the administration scapegoats him. If he tells the truth, that is bad, and the administration scapegoats him. If he acts combative, it looks bad. If he is tight-lipped and calm, Trump is pissed for not getting his talking points across.

This job is lose/lose.

You make the money afterwards, see Dana Perino, George Stephanopulus.

I think KellyAnne Conway could and arguable should do the job. We’d still live in a world of alternative facts, and outright lies, but it would be a less chaotic and less embarrassing than this shit storm.