Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

Ohhh, I get it. White president golfing is a strategic use of time. Black president golfing is being lazy.

In case you thought Sean was just goofy and not also a pile of shit in a human suit.

She wasn’t remotely being polite, but his response was pretty fucking awful.

“He’s venturing into Baghdad Bob territory,” one White House reporter
said, referring to the Saddam Hussein spokesperson known for his
vociferous denials of what to everyone else was reality.

Those days may be over? Well, shit! I guess some reporters woke up from naps or something.

Speaking of Manafort

To be blunt, she was an asshole, so was he. What did she expect of a reply?

Yeah, I don’t get it. Am I supposed to be outraged that Spicer was a bit of a dick to somebody who was rudely getting in his face?

I’m thinking he’s probably not cut out for politics if he gets super racist when confronted by someone criticizing his character.

He’s a Republican. Do you really think that’s more of a bug than a feature?

It could be worse though. He could be in charge of communications for the White House or something!

Eh? Literally his very first press conference went full Baghdad Bob. He’s only been digging since then.

Just in case it’s unclear, it’s possible to be an asshole and not be racist. I know the current admin and political environment suggests that’s not the case, but there is a huge difference.

[quote=“Nesrie, post:412, topic:128165”]
Just in case it’s unclear, it’s possible to be an asshole and not be racist.[/quote]

This might need to be on a billboard somewhere.

Meh. People need to realize that they will never beat republicans at their own game with in your face camera ambushes. That’s the domain of O’reilly’s right hand man and James oO’Keef. We don’t need to see Spicer in the wild to know he’s a piece of shit who sold his soul to be a part of Trump’s administration and it certainly won’t convince Trumpsters to change their mind.

This. If it was me, there were a hundred ways I could have responded, but none of them would have been racist.
But then again, I’m not a fucking racist. When a black guy does something that pisses me off N-bombs aren’t my first thought.

Oh I understand the thought completely. But I would wager if his response had been something along the lines of, “fuck you,” she would have still had an issue based on him being upset and replying to her that way.

Again, I’m not of the opinion his remark should get a pass for racism. You’re on point for that.

Proper response by an actual real life Press Secretary would be to ignore the woman. He couldn’t help trying to get a shot in for some reason. The man has got to be completely cracking apart from the daily barrage.

A real press secretary could spin the whole thing as it happened and come out looking like a saint. For Spicer the best he could hope for was a non-racist insult and he failed even that bar. If he’d just said, “Fuck you,” it wouldn’t be a big deal, because that’s what most people in his position would have done.

No a Fuck You would have been better than what he said. That’s the point.

Some people want to blow this off because she was rude… but here’s the thing, non-white people are allowed to be rude, that doesn’t give you a pass to be racist to them. I’m not saying you are doing that, but I don’t care if she spit in his face, in that case she might get charges but even then… rudeness does not allow for racism.

Whether she had an issue with him or not is also not the point. Reporters get in your face. That’s not new. The people falling over themselves to excuse Spicer for a clearly racist remark is the issue.

Whoa now, I’m not defending him. Perhaps my initial reply seemed that way, and I apologize if it did. What I’m also not defending is people being assholes. Period. Racists or not.