Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

Well that’s why I said I am not saying you are doing that, but what she said or did leading up to his response doesn’t really matter. I mean even if she was racist, and she wasn’t, that doesn’t mean he gets a pass for being racist in return.

I agree completely.

Right so when you ask what she was expecting for a reply, I am guessing the PR Machine or to be ignored.

Or you know since this is the Trump admin, something like this.

She acted surprised at it. I mean from his very first press conference he seems off the rails already. His reply, racist and all, didn’t surprise me. He’s an asshole, he’s also at a minimum, racist enough that he lashed out at her in that way. It’s not right. It’s not the way he should have handled it. He is who he is and we’ve seen it.

To follow through on my initial statement with what I was implying: what did she expect (from the shitty press secretary that was appointed by our resident orange overlord, who sounded throughout his run to office as though he either gave a pass to his racist fans, or even approved of them?"

I would love to expect him to be an actual press secretary and with a conditioned response. But that would mean I’d have to ignore what I’ve seen up until this point, entirely.

I don’t know how to explain it well, but despite seeing all the racist and sexist stuff I’ve seen Donald Trump display on television and on the radio, if I saw him in a person and he told me to go back to Africa because he didn’t like what I was saying, I’d be surprised. It’s just different on a personal, one to one level.

Understood. I mean, maybe I’m just too jaded at him and his entire staff, and for the most part, many of his voters. I’m tired of watching the slow train wreck and hoping it rights the situation. But the bitter, old part of me knows it won’t. And I expect it will just continue.

Even typing this depresses me.

Yeah. It’s super depressing. I watch some of these older movies, and I ask myself what exactly has changed? Straight out of Compton is a good.

To add to it, you keep hearing these racist and sexist things out of these guys’ mouths and then they do this little asterisks thing that equates to oh but I don’t mean these things about “the one” I know. My one black friend, my neighbor, the immigrant down the street that my daughter plays with… i only mean these things about the “bad” ones… and then you find out they consider everyone they don’t know as bad.

I hope that Trump being in office as well as the racist/sexist overtones of some of that don’t move the mark of progress back for any minority. I think we’re seeing that it is. :(

Related to this, while binging on Mad Men, my girlfriend commented this as well as, “these men in this show … this is the time Trump still lives in.” If you’ve not seen it, racism and sexism are a huge part of the show, as well as the marker of the passing of time within the series.

I believe this is the time frame many of his supporters considers when they say Make America Great Again, although they don’t seem to care it wasn’t that great for everyone.

Click the video for Spicer’s answer. LOL.

What in the actual fuck? That’s a slow-pitch softball if ever there was one.

“Of course not! We have a great team of patriots here, all of whom have been vetted thoroughly. The President doesn’t doubt anyone’s loyalty in the slightest, and neither should anyone else. Next question.”

Then again, Marshall’s Razor.

Talk about trying to cover yer ass. He’s like that Dickens fellow. “Best of times, worst of times, age of belief, incredulity, season of light, darkness”. Pfft.

Wow, that is a terrible answer.

“There’s hundreds of people here and maybe some of them are foreign agents, I dunno. Who could know? But they filled out forms. So. Many. Forms!”

I guess I disagree that he’s being ‘super racist’.

Just regular racist then?

How many times a day does someone tell you how great it is you’re allowed to stay in your country?

You don’t randomly tell people you don’t know “you’re lucky to be allowed here” if you don’t think that they shouldn’t be there by default, regardless of whether they’re a US Citizen

I don’t know, it reminds me of the West Wing episode when a Republican called for everyone in the White House to be tested for drugs, and CJ is asked in the press room if she can confirm that noone in the White House is using drugs. How can you say that hundreds of people, many of whom you probably haven’t even met, aren’t doing X.

Anyway, given the context of the Russia probe I guess it does make it a dumber answer. At the very least he should have framed the response as not to our knowledge, law enforcement is doing everything to ensure, etc. etc…

If I’m the President and I’m innocent of all charges related to Russia, etc, then the FIRST thing I do when shit starts to come up is make damn sure I know if anyone in the WH even resembles a foreign agent. Let the Press know that I’m sparing no expense to make sure everyone’s clean as hell. I’m certainly not letting a dolt like Spicer go out there and basically shrug his shoulders. “Who knows? But at least we have our asses covered with some paperwork if any of them just happen to be traitors!”