Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

I heard Sean Spicer was hiding behind some bushes, but the journalist found him and asked him to get out. That he did, but first asked them to shutdown he cameras.

The sad fact of our times is that I find it difficult to tell if you’re kidding or not.

Apparently it’s real (to echo Armando)…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/10/as-trump-fired-comey-his-staff-scrambled-to-explain-why/?utm_term=.8d42bc1949b0

I felt the exact same way.

Amazing.

On one hand, i am heartened by the fact that members of this administration feel the need to hide, and aren’t full blown tyrants yet.

On the other hand, WTF is wrong with our country?

[quote=“Sam_Jones, post:606, topic:128165, full:true”]Apparently it’s real (to echo Armando)…

[/quote]

This is great.

It reads like an scene from a Howard Hawks’s screwball comedy.

[quote]Walter Burns: Let’s see this Comey replacement! Is he as good as you say?
Hildy Johnson: Why, he’s better!
Walter Burns: Well then, what does he want with you?
Hildy Johnson: Ah-ha-ha, now you got me![/quote]

Someday, there will be a very funny movie about the Trump Administration.

… Sentient cockroaches may be the only ones left around to make it, though.

I like that the journalist used the word “emerged”.

We’re about due a sequel to In The Loop. It’s a shame (for us) Iannucci came back to the UK.

It’s real.

Sean Spicer hid behind bushes near the White House as reporters clamoured to question him over James Comey’s sacking, it has been reported.

The White House press secretary was much in demand on Tuesday night and, after giving a TV interview on an outside set, retreated to the safety of a nearby hedge, according to the Washington Post.

After several minutes conferring with aides Mr Spicer emerged ready to provide answers, as long as they were not filmed, the Post said.

Naturally, the media followed. And after the TV segments were done, Spicer literally hid with his staff behind a tall hedge trying to decide what to do. (Oh, to have been a spider in that hedge.) “After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets,” as a major American newspaper writes of a senior White House official, he emerged, told reporters to turn their lights and cameras off, and answered questions in the dark, between two bushes, for about 10 minutes.

The A.V. Club has obtained exclusive video of the event, which you can see below.

I’m concerned for Spicer’s job. Why wasn’t he briefed on the Comey thing in advance? Like… at all?

He tried, but his 300 baud modem was just slowing him down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/10/as-trump-fired-comey-his-staff-scrambled-to-explain-why/

For more than three hours, Spicer and his staff had been scrambling to answer that question. Spicer had wanted to drop the bombshell news in an emailed statement, but it was not transmitting quickly enough, so he ended up standing in the doorway of the press office around 5:40 p.m. and shouting a statement to reporters who happened to be nearby. He then vanished, with his staff locking the door leading to his office. The press staff said that Spicer might do a briefing, then announced that he definitely wouldn’t say anything more that night. But as Democrats and Republicans began to criticize and question the firing with increasing levels of alarm, Spicer and two prominent spokeswomen were suddenly speed-walking up the White House drive to defend the president on CNN, Fox News and Fox Business.

“Another Tuesday at the White House,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders quipped as she finished speaking on Fox News from its outdoor set, as the voice of Kellyanne Conway continued to spar with CNN’s Anderson Cooper from the next booth over.

Which just sounds like he wasn’t told early enough!

And now Sarah Sanders is running the press-conference. Is Trump going to prefer her to Sean?

Livestream:

I hate Sarah Huckabee Sanders, but I understand why she’s doing it… because she is infinitely more competent when it comes to bullshitting on her feet than Spicer ever was.

I don’t know, I think helping put Trump in the oval office might count as an atrocity.

Wow, I didn’t realize Comey was old enough to have been part of the Einsatzgruppen. Guy takes care of himself.

Naw, he killed those contras at Mai Lai Four. Nixon pardoned him.