Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

Even sadder? You’re debating whether he’s being serious in his interpretation of a court room sketch because that’s as close to reality as we’re allow to get.

PRESS CONFERENCES which prohibit the recording the both audio and video. In the United States.

Not off the record background conversations with the administration, but the official god damn press briefing.

I don’t understand why someone in the press just records it anyway and leaks it to the internet.

If I were Press I would certainly record anyway, just in case. But presumably leaking it will get your banned from the White House so I’d save that for a really important moment.

Yugogirl

He means no one is affected today or tomorrow which is all of the time his mind is capable of processing. Might this bill have consequences for people on Medicaid down the road? Such a thing is unknowable! Who is to say that time even exists beyond this moment?

You mean like CSpan? :)

Audio recordings are allowed, they’re just not allowed to stream it live. Which makes no sense, but you can still get your daily fix of Spicers or Sanders mellifluous bullshitting. You just don’t get stuff like this:

-Tom

Heh, which is surely why the nonsensical rule was invented.

Probably because they’d get kicked out, though… who gives a shit at this point?

They wouldn’t even know who recorded it.

Especially if they don’t leak it to The Intercept.

Maybe they can broadcast it on RADIO on real time. Have people buy enormous radios they will pay attention in real time when Spicer speak.

Do you want a Martian invasion? Because that’s how you get a Martian invasion.

Off-camera briefing.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?430523-1/white-house-calls-travel-ban-decision-positive-step-forward-audio

Staring at the top of the podium while Sean speaks - the cameras are on but not pointed at people - isn’t the strangest thing I’ve seen so far, but it’s pretty weird.

They need to start showing crazy animated clips like they used to on SNL when playing the Spicer audio.

@Guap, how’s that AI animation going? This could make you famous!

Holy shit, yes.
Do this @Guap. You could become a crazy internet phenomenon.

Wait. He isn’t already?