Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

It’s inappropriate for them to be tweeting out facts about the environment, per Spicer.

SNL needs to get Alan Tudyk to come on and play Spicer in cold open skits on the weeks between Baldwin’s Trump cold opens.

He’s really struggling to justify “the investigation” into voter fraud. Going on about different state IDs…seriously? Bottom line, it’s ridiculous to assert that more than a small handful of people are out there voting who shouldn’t be. It’s simply logistically impossible to have 3 million people somehow show up in the correct polling place with false identification and vote as someone who is dead, or moved, or fake, or whatever. Bizzaro world!

I haven’t watched a press conference live since 9/11 happened. I may be watching every one for the next 4 years.

He doesn’t wanna call it a “task force.”

Just asked about registration and deportation. He’s not saying there won’t be a registration. We’re definitely going to have a Muslim registry.

The stuff about cutting off federal funding to sanctuary cities is a terrifying sneak peek at exactly the tactic this administration will use to get it’s way in everything. If you’re not 100% on board the crazy train from day one, you’re against the administration, and they will “look at ways to defund your revenue streams” to effectively choke you out or force you to comply. Today it’s cities that protect the rights of undocumented immigrants, tomorrow it’s schools that won’t teach Creationism and enforce prayer time, next week it’s federal agencies that continue to hold to “disproven liberal propaganda” like climate change and the “outdated and sad intelligence community”. In 90 days defense contractors will have the first shipments of Trump Security Force uniforms and vehicles ready to deploy.

Reading between the lines, we’re going to have a national voter ID program.

Optimism time: I’d much rather voting standards, including ID if we’re going to have it, be national than state/county based.

Obviously I don’t expect Trump/the GOP Congress to implement this fairly/well.

That’s entirely my opinion based on what Spicer was saying. He was talking about state voter ID laws but seemed to leave it open to further action to “protect” America.

Which is itself a national citizen registry that can be used to track ethnicity, income levels, voting record, etc., so that if you prove yourself to be an “undesirable” you can be dealt with.

Since November 8th I’ve kind of been shaking off all the dire predictions of a police state and comparisons to Nazi Germany. I was telling myself that people in the trenches, Democrats, moderate Republicans, the people working day-after-day in the various government agencies who can’t be simply dismissed because they aren’t appointed by the administration, that all of these people would be the firewall against such an atrocity befalling the United States. Now though, only one week into the Trump Administration, I am not so sure anymore.

Not to endorse voter IDs, but so is your tax return.

Whether or not you file a tax return, which is not actually required if you don’t have income or have little income, does not affect your right to vote.

But I was told 3-5 million illegals voted in the last election!

I honestly don’t understand how anyone who has actually voted in the past 20 years can believe this. I mean, to vote you need to be registered. Then you have to go to the specific polling place you’re registered for OR show up at specific early voting polling places, and once there, show a state issued picture ID proving you are who you say you are and all this is checked against a roll book or computer record to record that you have voted.

While one person somewhere who kinda looks like their dead cousin, has his driver’s license and knows which polling place he would have gone to in theory could cast a vote in their cousin’s name, for 3-5 million illegal aliens to somehow circumvent this system is tantamount to saying 3-5 million SPACE ALIENS voted in the last election. The media doesn’t seem to be pushing this point nearly as hard as they should be.

In fact, the only real way to undermine the Trump Administration’s utter ridiculousness is to call bullshit loudly and clearly every time it happens. Pro tip (to the media), when you call said bullshit, don’t even bother inviting a Trump surrogate on to make counterpoints. Simply declare that whatever remarks were made are completely laughable, keep going back to how laughable they are, make references to SNL levels of comedy gold, and then move on. Stop treating shit like it’s anything other than shit.

See your mistake there was thinking elected Democrats or mythical moderate Republicans would ever do anything to stand in the way of something that might be described as an atrocity!

A mixture of boy who cried wolf (cuz Trump admin is gonna toss a lot of bullshit) and the invulnerability of Trump supporters to facts should ensure this goes nowhere, if the media were brave enough to actually try.

He misspelled “bluer”.

Conveniently the number Trump lost the popular vote by.

Only 4,999,998 to go

I believe Bannon has the same issue, so 4,999,996! Progress!

Sadly he’s already included in my number so we just took a step back. Thanks Obama…

If the government is willing to pay for them and make them easy to get then what the heck. Amazing how 20-30 years ago it was the GOP who railed against “national ID’s”. Now they are pretty much demanding them.