Seasonal desires/memories

For some reason, there are certain desires/activities from my youth that I revisit at certain times of year. For example, during Xmas time, I often have an affinity to WW2 things. During the fall, I tend to get back into PnP RPGs. I don’t have anyone to play them with, but I buy books and read them or whatever.

Does anyone else have these sort of cyclical hobbies/desires/whatever? They seem to be seasonal, meaning they return at the same time of year (roughly) each year.

Aw, Robert, you’re making me cry ;_;

Does anyone else have these sort of cyclical hobbies/desires/whatever? They seem to be seasonal, meaning they return at the same time of year (roughly) each year.

I usually do most of my hiking in either February, April, or August, because those are the cloudier months around Vegas. We get some rainfall up in the mountains, and I prefer to hike when it’s cloudy out but also to see the nice waterfalls and desert flowers that spring up after a rainfall.

Not a seasonal thing, but for some reason, with but a few exceptions, I just can’t play computer/video games during the day. I just don’t have any desire for it. But once the sun sets, and provided I have the free time, pretty much all I do is play games. I guess that makes me a gaming vampire of sorts or something…

I have some similar tendencies. Spring is often Civil War reading and computer RPG’s, summer trends towards wargames and WW2 reading, and fall back to RPG’s and FPS shooters. Part of it is probably related to peak release times for games, but I suspect part is based on trying to recreate the feelings I had when I had great gaming experiences at those times of the year in the past.

My pattern is usually Poker from December to March, playstation april to end of summer and PC september to December.

I find that I watch more movies (both at home and in theaters) during mid-summer and around Christmas. It’s probably due to release schedules. I also have the seasonal outdoor activities like skiing in the winder and skateboarding in the summer, for obvious reasons.

Fall is for Castlevania.

It’s around this time of year that I like to murder transients and bury their bodies in a snow bank. Unfortunately I have to travel much further north this year because the winter so far where I live has been rather warm.

What is your preferred method of dispatch?
I find some ether to knock them out, and then stuffing them into a deep-freeze makes the cause of death, simple hypothermia.
Afterwards just leave them lying around outside where it’s cold.
Or, better yet, wait til summer and then leave them in a ditch somewhere.
WTF? frostbite in July?

Yea, I do the same thing with wise, wandering hobos. I then eat their souls. Same diff.