Seattle Area BBQ and Bourbon Bash

Oregon too! Seattle is just a bit too far for me; maybe if I didn’t have kids.

btg: really it’s mostly a matter of someone being willing to pony up a place for everyone to show up at.

Anyway I’m coming from Snohomish (but work in Redmond) so location doesn’t matter much for me. 3Pigs is fine.

I don’t subscribe to the Dixie’s hate (I think it tastes great, although The Man can ruin a meal), but 3 Pigs works for me. It’s pretty much around the corner from my work. If you it’s on a Friday after quittin’ time (4 or so), it’d be perfect.

My colleague when asked “Does 3 Pigs serve booze?” answered with “I think they do, like Bud 'n Miller, crap like that.”

Considering just about everyone up here lives in apartments and condos with no backyards, no. We could all hang out at Elhajj’s place I guess, but I think his wife would mind :)

Set it up.

I called 3 Pigs yesterday afternoon and learned that they only serve beer. They do cater though if we want to meet up someplace where we can bring our own drinks.

I’m coming from Whidbey, so no matter what, it’s still a monster drive for me. :)

But you’ll have a beautiful ferry ride!

I didn’t know we had so many people north of the Sno/King county line… we should all go slumming at an Aquasocks game this summer.

What the hell’s wrong with beer?

nothing as long as it’s actually beer and not beer-flavored water (budweiser, miller, etc.)

What, they don’t serve Mac and Jack’s there?

We can always just get our bbq and then head over to Rock Bottom or something equally expensive for beer that will satisfy Ryan. :D

(And while I’m a beer snob I’ve maintained the important ability to be able to drink and even kinda appreciate mass market beer.)

How bout this: grub at 3 Pigs and then roll over to the Parlor, the relatively new pool hall that’s opened up in Lincoln Square/Plaza/Center in downtown Bellevue. We can shoot some stick and have the whole range of fortified spirits available.

That sounds awesome. If they have dart boards at this pool hall I’ll show you all just how awesome I become at cricket after a few strong drinks.

Parlor sounds like a 30x better idea than Rock Bottom.

Is that place any good though? I haven’t been in there at all; I just imagine it’s a place full of ultra trendy yuppies and whatnot.

They’re definitely going for the ultra-trendy yuppie market. But when I was in there with my wife it seemed like a fairly normal crowd, with a hint of Microsoft-geek in the air (takes one to know one). Of course we were there on a Sunday night so as pretty sedate crowd is to be expected regardless.

Geoff

I’ll just stick one of these white apple stickers that came with my ipod to my forehead… think that’ll do the trick?

Why not just stick at one place? Parking under lincoln square is…hell, from the times I’ve been there.

I don’t know… I kind of like the idea of hanging out with bbq for a while and then those that want to can continue on to the pool hall place.

Are there any other start time preferences? So far 4:00 is the only one we’ve heard… time doesn’t matter to me since I’ll be free that day.

I work at MS so it’s just a 10 minute drive. I do have meetings until 4 typically on Fridays so maybe 4:30 would be a bit better for me - but that’s splitting hairs.