Seattle Area Q23 Hoedown!

I’m feeling a little spelling anxiety about whether hoedown is one word or two, but let’s have a Seattle Area Hoedown, baby! Tom Chick and Mark Asher are both going to be there… Well, we’re trying to get Tom and Mark said maybe… well, ok, we’re not really trying very hard, but Tom and Mark have both been invited to the hoedown…

well, ok, Tom, Mark, this is your official invitation to the Seattle Area Q23 1st Annual Hoedown (with prizes and blue ribbons). Come one come alll.

I suggest (and this is only a suggestion, we can discuss what makes the most sense for everyone) we meet on the eastside and 3pm next Friday, February 25 at the food court in the Crossroads Mall on 156th Street in Bellevue. I know Denny Atkin will be there (no joke) and he’s new to the area, so you guys who haven’t done this in a while should try to make it!

How would it be the 1st annual when we’ve already had a get together?

Anyway, I can probably make that - but why the foodcourt?

Despite having read weeks ago on the ever-reliable Intarweb that I’m working on a cancelled project, I actually have meetings till 3 pm on Fridays, so I can’t make that time.

Wouldn’t we get a higher turnout during the evening or on a weekend day? I’m actually relatively free that weekend.

Can we go somewhere less slummy? Food court? FOOD COURT? Just because I like poor people doesn’t mean I want to eat their awful food.

Let them eat cake.

Ha, ha. Hey, Joel Spolsky had everyone from Joelonsoftware.com meet at the Crossroads food court just a few weeks back, so I thought it was a happening place. They have free wireless and the new ribs place so it can’t be that bad.

But we can meet when ever and where ever you guys want to meet. So it looks like 3pm Friday and Crossroads are no good.

I might have a tougher time shaking free of my kids on the weekend, but if it works for you guys, I’ll figure something out. How about 7pm somewhere on the eastside? Help me out here eastsiders.

Guido–We’re doing a hoedown this time. Last time was just a simple get together. This time we’re going to ride the mechanical bull or Doug Erickson’s back, which ever bronks hardest. Solid.

The Crossroads food court is fucking awful.

Do we want to just go somewhere for dinner, or actually do stuff?

JD

Ha, ha. Hey, Joel Spolsky had everyone from Joelonsoftware.com meet at the Crossroads food court just a few weeks back, so I thought it was a happening place. They have free wireless and the new ribs place so it can’t be that bad.

But we can meet when ever and where ever you guys want to meet. So it looks like 3pm Friday and Crossroads are no good.

I might have a tougher time shaking free of my kids on the weekend, but if it works for you guys, I’ll figure something out. How about 7pm somewhere on the eastside? Help me out here eastsiders.

Guido–We’re doing a hoedown this time. Last time was just a simple get together. This time we’re going to ride the mechanical bull or Doug Erickson’s back, which ever bronks hardest. Solid.[/quote]

I am open to all suggestions. It doesnt’ have to be dinner. We could do icecream or some other sort of snack thing. I’m not sure what you mean by do stuff. You mean like go to a movie or bowling or something? I think I would prefer to eat, unless the activity really is to ride Doug’s back like a mechanical bull. If that’s the activity, I am down with it.

Why not rent some actual hoes?

Maybe you can get some sort of group rate at Rick’s. Naw.
Whitta would probably feel really dejected for missing out on that.

Mechanical hoes to ride!

Not that I can attend, but you guys every try the Roanoke on Mercer Island? Nice little place, feels very New Englandy.

Hey, I’m up for it, the further north the better. :) And yeah, avoiding the Crossroads Mall in general works for me.

Being an island-dwelling recluse, I’m not up on what places are good to visit any more, but I’m up for just about anything.

I’m in. Now where did I stash that stylish Qt3 shirt…?

• Alan

Let justice be SERVED. :)

So, does that mean I should bring a Hoe to stab people with?

Why not meet at Chilli’s again? That seemed to work out okay last time.

Guido: it’s not just a hoe, it’s a weapon! I guess it falls to me to make hoe puns throughout this thread. ;)

Ok, what does everyone think of Chilli’s on Saturday, February 26th at 7pm? Let’s get some idea of how many are coming so the first one there can get a big enough table.

For those of us new to the area, where is Chilli’s?

It’s next to the Crossroads mall, not too far from the Food Court. :D

It’s next to the Crossroads mall, not too far from the Food Court. [/quote]

Hee, hee. It’s true. Crossroads mall is on 156th in Bellevue, at the intersection of NE 8th and 156th.