Seattle Area Q23 Hoedown!

You people always pick horrible times. I’ll be at whistler this weekend.

Hi Jules - welcome to Washington – more specifically, welcome to Lynnwood, the bustling metropolis with the highest mullet and Camaro per capita this side of the Mississippi!

I’d love to attend, but think I might hold out for the next Qt3 Boardgame day.

All right, seriously, with our salaries we should be able to find something a little less ghetto than Chili’s. ;)

Are there any places like Seattle’s Buca DiBeppo’s on the eastside? A place where you’re encouraged to hang out, eat and drink, that’s more of a restaurant than a pickup joint?

Hey, I’ll even bring my copy of Star Munchkin.

Speak for yourself, moneybags! ;)

That said, I’m open to going elsewhere, but we would need to finalize plans pretty quickly here.

• Alan

next Saturday the 26th at Chili’s in Bellevue?

Oh wait, sorry, I’m a week behind. Forget what I said.

So what time? Make a new thread!

What kind of bizzarre dating life do you have that Chili’s is a pickup joint?

Or have I just been out of the game long enough to have no idea where one would meet women these days?

:wink:

Probably shouldn’t have hit on him during the last get togther at chili’s, my bad.

I suspect he was talking about the suggested edgy Seattle joint with bar food and retro video games, but I could be reading it wrong.

Can’t make it this time around, but I’d be interested someday in the future.

I’m game for anywhere, but I’d really prefer Eastside if possible – I’ll be able to stay longer.

Unless someone more familiar with area hangouts than me comes up with something quick, though, we’re gonna end up defaulting to Chilis… (Hey, at last there are free chips…)

All right, see you all at Chili’s at 7 PM. Probably I’ll be sporting some combination of: black Qt3 polo shirt, brick-red jacket, blue GBA-SP.

• Alan

Okay, Chili’s at 7 pm it is. In the bar, or do we want to get a big table?

We can always move on if the mall crowd somehow isn’t hip enough for us.

What kind of bizzarre dating life do you have that Chili’s is a pickup joint?

None whatsoever; I’m married. ;)

Probably shouldn’t have hit on him during the last get togther at chili’s, my bad.

Secretly - I was quite flattered by the whole thing.

I suspect he was talking about the suggested edgy Seattle joint with bar food and retro video games, but I could be reading it wrong.

May Gameworks burn in hell.

See you guys at 7…

Well, we’re back. noun, Shermjls, DennyA, and I had a great time talking about all sorts of stuff, ranging from comic books, to child-rearing, to flying cars, to how Tim & Guido ditched us. Oh, and I think we talked about games or something too. Chili’s ended up working out just fine because the conversation was engaging enough that we could ignore the vapid 80s music playing in the background. It would have been nice to see more of you folks, but I guess that just means we’ll have to have another one of these in order to catch up with the rest of the Seattle-area contingent.

• Alan

Ah, crap. I’m sorry guys. I wanted to come but at the last minute something came up at home. It’s hard for me to get out on the weekends. If we do it again, we should go back to the lunch or late-lunch format.

Great fun, and great company. I’m just scratching my head wondering why five of you didn’t show up? Was it something I said??? Man, I even ate at Chili’s for you bastards. ;)

Yep, great evening. A pox on you guys who finked out! (That’s twice for you, Elhaj! And I still don’t believe McCullough is real.)

Ouch! Two poxes. I feel ill.

No, just one pox for this time. I was pointing out the last lunch we set up where you were also a no-show… :)