Seattle Qt3 night of ACTUAL GAMES: when can you come?

Y’know, I might have immediately discounted that whole “southern hospitality” thing if I hadn’t met a certain person a few years ago that convinced me such a thing really does exist. So to me, y’all sayin’ that that explains eeeeeeverything. I <3 you southerners.

But not like that.

…unless you’re into that sorta thing. :x

I could possibly do the 9th, depending on what I can arrange. Definitely can’t do the July 1st weekend because that’s Canada day and it’s illegal to leave the country on Canada day.

That said, I am still only at like, 60% doable for this sort of expedition, so don’t plan around my hoser schedule.

Since Denny came up with the concept here and has the highest attendance record of anyone at any Seattle Qt3 gatherings ever including me, I am currently skewing heavily towards Friday, July 7th. But the poll is still open for another three days.

Nixon66, when will you know your kid schedule? (I don’t know whether to root for you to be at our game night, or to get another weekend with your son!)

Looks like my sister’s not coming up on 7/1, so I’m probably good there too. Just to keep it complicated.

Not that Repo wants 43 people at his house, but I see a lot more Seattle area posters who haven’t replied. Don’t you guys enjoy fun?

They enjoy fun, just not the other people kind of fun. Still, let’s go with the enthusiastic crowd to start with, plus if we actually get 8 people (9 including my wife), we will be close to capacity for the available space anyhow.

Oh yeah, we can start talking about games now! The non-electronic games we have on hand (not necessarily complete list) include:

Ticket to Ride
Castle Ravenloft
Munchkin Quest: The Boardgame (quite awesome)
Illuminati (the deluxe full-color card game version)
Guillotine
En Garde
Various Cheapass (Kill Dr. Lucky, Freeloader, One False Step)
Cthulhu 500
The Hills Rise Wild (a fantastic and rare game but only four players, unfortunately)
Mwahahahaha! (which we haven’t actually played, too complex for our tiny parental brains)

People should of course bring whatever the heck they want. 360 titles welcome as well, especially if you bring a flash card or something. What are the best four-player split-screen/co-op/competitive 360 titles, anyway? I could be persuaded to purchase the most popular one nominated in this thread. Street Fighter 3?!?!?! I don’t freakin’ know, help a brother out!

I voted, doesn’t that count?

The only four-player stuff I’ve ever done was COD2, Scene-It, and You Don’t Know Jack. I can totally bring YDKJ. (And Scene-It, for that matter, if that interests anyone.)

I’m up for any of the board/card games, but they’re all new to me except TTR, so we should stick to shallower learning curves. :)

Rasputin, voting totally counts as a reply.

For you, yeah, but Denny was totally calling me out. It is on, Mr. A!

By replied, I meant “responded to the poll.” Do I have to use the actual words that I mean when I write things? Sheesh!

Sounds good. Any decision on when?

I can bring some peeps if necessary. My arm-twisting skillz remain viable!

Oops, I screwed up. I voted for any day in the poll, but just realized the 8th or 9th would be better by far.

[Edit: post removed due to rampant calendar fail on my part.]

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Major domestic communication fail. Due solely to cluelessness on my part, I got my weekends off by one. 7/8 - 7/9 is not an option after all. I sincerely apologize for wasting peoples’ time. Very lame of me.

So I need to ask about another weekend, namely the subsequent weekend, Friday July 15th / Saturday July 16th. Who can make it then? This will be the last question I ask about this before making the final decision.

Friday, July 15 works for me. We will likely be celebrating my b’day on the 16th.

That weekend is fine.

Thanks guys. I PM’ed the other six respondents just to make sure no one misses this due to my incompetence.

Yup, July 15th/16th works fine for me.

SCHWEET

Well, we already have enough to go ahead with Friday, July 15th. All confirmed with my wife and everything. If you haven’t already, though, please do still send me a PM or post here to affirm your attendance, so’s I can count yez.