Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

LOL that’s funny.

And that they choose what to publish and what to publicize based on direct instructions from Assange, yes.

It must be stated plainly: The U.S. intelligence community must make its evidence against Russia public if they want us to believe their claims. The integrity of our presidential elections is vital to the country’s survival; blind trust in the CIA is not. A governmental disclosure like this is also not entirely without precedent: In 2014, the Department of Justice produced a 56-page indictment detailing their exact evidence against a team of Chinese hackers working for the People’s Liberation Army, accused of stealing American trade secrets; each member was accused by name. The 2014 trade secret theft was a crime of much lower magnitude than election meddling, but what the DOJ furnished is what we should demand today from our country’s spies.

Here we go!

[quote]
Two senior officials with direct access to the information say new intelligence shows that Putin personally directed how hacked material from Democrats was leaked and otherwise used. The intelligence came from diplomatic sources and spies working for U.S. allies, the officials said.

Putin’s objectives were multifaceted, a high-level intelligence source told NBC News. What began as a “vendetta” against Hillary Clinton morphed into an effort to show corruption in American politics and to “split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn’t depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore,” the official said.[/quote]

How long until this actually changes the electoral voting?

This is a good time to remember that Putin is a trained counterintelligence officer with deep experience and knowledge of conducting misinformation campaigns to damage people, institutions, and nations.

How long before both parties agree on a constitutional amendment? I wouldn’t wait underwater.

Ah, didn’t mean the overall process, just this particular electoral vote. If evidence exists that proves Putin directed this, then they have to at least consider voting for a non-Trump candidate I hope.

Never going to happen. The Republicans will not relinquish their hold on power or risk alienating their completely mental, willing to believe literally anything base. Trump could indeed shoot someone on 5th Ave at this point and the electors would still vote for him.

If everything we’ve seen and heard from the Republicans over the past year wasn’t evidence enough, we could just look at the polling numbers on Putin’s net favorability to realize how flexible their moral code is at this point.

Exactly. The most obscene and monstrous video and testimony could be revealed of Trump committing the most egregious crimes and the GOP would still back him at this point. They’d just have to say the video was faked and the witnesses were liars. They’re all-in. They’re busted if Trump goes down, and they only have one goal, to stay in the game.

If it is one thing that 2016 taught us is that the party of “God and country” is full of hypocrites that don’t give a damn about either (or at the very least have no problem tossing them aside).

There would have to be crystal clear video recording of Trump talking to a KGB agent, saying something like, ‘Tremendous job with hacking the voting machines! Tell Putin those sanctions will be off day one. Also if anyone is recording this I am being totally serious and not joking around.’ for the electors to do something.

They still wouldn’t do anything. Trump would make some additional tweets about retaliation, same something else totally asinine and we’d “forget” about it and move on. The level of stupid coming out is so fast and furious that people have political ADHD and no one can focus. And before long, things that were fatal to a politician mere years ago are “normalized”. Also, people are stupid.

To be fair this is crappy internet polling. where the alt-right is always highly over represented. Trying to extract useful information from this is a fools errand.

Mission fucking accomplished.

Watching the final destruction of Aleppo, and news that tomorrow Turkey, Iran, Russia and Syria will meet to discuss a cease fire, the new restrictions on protests in Poland, the authoritarian regime popping up all over, and the commie-cuck Trump cabinet, I think Time magazine screwed up. Putin is definitely man (or monster) of the year.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, even if my enemy is my countrymen, and the enemy of my enemy is an authoritarian dictator invested in destroying my system of government, my influence, and my credibility.

What is that, like an outbreak of common sense?

It’s an absurdity, what people are saying, and it is as insular and stupid as the crap that the alt right comes out with. There was the briefest moment of self doubt and reflection, then woosh, headlong back into saying being ‘scared’ over trivialities and the insufferable judgementalism.

At least the alt right wear their bigotry on their sleeve.

Obviously, it’s just something which is done to pass the time, like playing cards.

I’m not okay with a foreign country hacking our systems, our actual governmental parties, and using that information to try and change the outcome of our elections. If that makes me a bigot in your eyes so be it.