Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Only because of who is in charge. For anyone else it would be.

Annnnnd here we go!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959

Holy shit.

What do you bet that even if offered immunity he winds up answering “on advice of counsel…” a hundred times. Of course with a democrat as chairman that would mean contempt charges, but with someone like Nunes it just means they move on to other questions.

71 days in, and we’re already at “…offers to testify in exchange for immunity.”

As someone who remembers the 70s, this all so much faster and so much more absurd than Watergate.

(To continue the 70s analogy, it’s like someone sped up the film and put "Yackity Sax"on the soundtrack.)

Creidt where it’s due… folks like John Schindler had this nailed.

The really interesting part is they have yet to take him up on the offer

Yeah, that could mean a lot of things.

Which is interesting because, as someone said this week, “People keep comparing this to Watergate but Watergate was basically a break in. This is a massive, multi-faceted case of insane complexity.” (I have no idea who I’m paraphrasing there. Burr perhaps?) Though, maybe that makes sense as well – The larger the conspiracy, the hard it is to contain.

I really wonder if this is “complexity” or is it not SOP for so many high-level executive types. Especially for someone as incurious and dismissive of standards as Trump who thinks they can just do whatever deal with whoever they want without repercussions. That is I don’t see this as being some shady out-of-the-ordinary thing, but just what Trump types do regularly. The collision isn’t that he did something out of the ordinary but that in running for office and winning he’s suddenly held to standards he’s never encountered before and is, frankly, baffled by it. I see this as being continuous with his behavior trying to run everyone who opposes him “out of business”, Republican or Democrat, just as a matter of course. We’re all friends until my skin in the game is at risk, then it’s f@#$ you and yours all the way to the gutter.

IOW, I’m hoping one fallout from this is shining a stronger light on this that amoral transnational globalizing CEO capitalism whose only purpose is creating a club where manipulating laws/taxes and having plenty of handshakes w/envelopes passed under the table, across state and national lines, to always win no matter their own professional outcomes, is the actual intent of the structure.

Please have something worthwhile enough to save your traitorous ass!

Is it normal to announce that you are willing to testify for immunity in public before someone takes you up on the offer? Seems… weird.

Hopefully it means they don’t need his testimony because they have so much. Even so, if getting him to spill his guts could speed up the process by months or years, I’m all in favor of cutting a deal…maybe not for immunity, but for tennis prison or something.

Unless Nunes is removed somehow, and almost the whole GOP is supporting him, I predict there will be no negative outcomes for Trump as a result of all this. Flynn would have to plead guilty to treason for the blowback to have any effect. And he’s not going to bring down any major administration figures, either. At worst he will cop to a few improper political deals, on his own initiative, with a Russian or two, and everything he’s done will be considered in isolation.

Bear in mind here that the FBI and the Senate intel committee aren’t controlled by Nunes.

True. But the FBI is treading very lightly due to Comey’s bizarre status and exposure, and the Senate has deferred to the House so far.

They might not want to give him full immunity. It’s very possible they already have something on him.

It might be that they don’t need him to turn on others, or it could be nothing. With all this shit I say just wait and see where it goes

Well… if he’s asking for immunity, then he has to have to know something worth asking for immunity on. Now they may already know whatever he’s offering, but that he’s basically saying “I have something worth arresting people over and it’s big enough not to arrest me for telling you about it,” is a pretty big deal.

He followed it up with: “There is no immunity from polonium.” But he deleted it for some reason.