Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Classic “Ha, ha, only serious.”
http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/h/hahaonlyserious.html

So who knows Russian? Because apparently Tass is reporting that Trump not only shared the intel, but he also shared US counter-operations.

At this point, Putin has likely abandoned Trump.

He’s just going to maximize the chaos now, so we can’t really trust anything that comes out of Russia.

Who knew that you couldn’t trust Putin?

I’ve heard he’s a strong leader. Very strong. And why not have better relations with him!? I mean, if he likes us, what’s the problem?

I think even if Trump wasn’t in bed with Putin, at this point it probably wouldn’t be overly difficult for the Russians to make it look that way and sow further chaos.

Oh, right:

“Poor Mr. Pence was lied to by those godless scoundrels!!”

Oops.

Aw shit, now you’re going to tell me that Mike Pence isn’t the pure protector of Christianity that I’ve been told about!

Is “working tirelessly to ensure the slow, painful deaths of the poor and disadvantaged” a principle? Because Ryan’s got that shit in spades, the soulless fuckstain of a human shell operated by sheer malice and cruelty.

*Bites knuckles and tosses head back dramatically*

Say it ain’t so, Adam! Oh goodness me, say it ain’t so!

The line of succession doesn’t fill me with hope, but at least the system appears to be working, despite plenty of GOP efforts to stymie it.

Google translate shows it to be a pretty straightforward recap of the Washington Post story and the white house denial.

It ends with a quote from the Russian foreign minister essentially saying “Don’t read American newspapers, it’s dangerous.”

Today has been like Christmas morning. Ooooh, I wonder what’s in the next box?

Someone on Chris Matthew’s show tonight offered a worst-case scenario for the Republicans. Trump gets impeached, but he doesn’t go quietly off into the sunset. He spends the next 2-4 years (the 2018 and 2020 election cycles, at least) shouting from every rooftop to this ~30m dedicated followers what horrible people the Republicans are and how they betrayed him.

Republicans bought this pig when they gave him the nomination. They can’t get off, now.

The Russian orthodox church?

This just keeps giving and giving.

Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said.

And Hillary only wanted a private mail server.

May cover…

That’s awesome.

Of course I hear the Tetris music in my head when I look at that.

I’m not so sure that is really their worst-case scenario. It is not inconceivable that Trump survives all the way til the 2020 election. If the climate stays like it is going now, '18 and '20 could be really, really bad for them.

If he gets impeached, Republicans can all merrily campaign against him (especially if he keeps shouting), as if getting rid of him were their own idea.