Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

There was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. With some exceptions.

As for that Time cover, there will surely be a framed copy of that hanging in Putin’s man-cave. Viewed objectively, is this among the most successful intelligence operations in the cold war? You have to hand it to them.

As far as discrediting democracy, they could have hardly done a betterr job, but I’m sure the Russians would much prefer to have helped elect and be best friends with an American president who was not a complete imbecile. The Trump investigation could still bring more sanctions, and end up with some of Putin’s cronies not being able to travel to western countries.

Perhaps, but I disagree. I don’t think Trump is an actual Russian operative, or even knowingly doing things to help them. He’s incompetent, not subversive. He’s also incredibly polarizing. And I think that’s the sort of damage they sought, breaking our political system and installing an idiot at the top of the org chart. They have free reign for a while.

That’s not to say there aren’t actual subversives around him. Flynn and Manafort appear to be quite competent. But they may also be traitors.

Does it matter? He’s successfully discredited the United States and by extension the west in the eyes of the world. Really we did it to ourselves by being gullible morons and racists, but Russia exploited it masterfully. Other countries may no longer turn to the US first for leadership anymore. We’re not a serious country anymore, we’re a gang of greedy villains (congress) led by a narcissist (Trump). A perfect representation of Real America.

This is my daily reminder that, by the book, you don’t need to know or understand the law to be guilty as hell of breaking it.

So much this. We handed leadership of the 21st Century to China at least a decade earlier than otherwise would have happened.

However, I do think that his financial dealings have a high likelihood of accepting large amounts of dubious Russian money, amd that he had been influenced by the purveyors of it. Possibly to the degree of getting people like Flynn and Manafort into his circle and then leveraging them.

Hmm.

Huh. Did not know this, but apparently Congressional subpoenas are worthless:

Meanwhile, Pence is getting ready.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-17/pence-takes-steps-to-build-war-chest-as-white-house-stumbles

I absolutely agree with that, Pyperkub. The Russians may have been playing a long game here that worked out beyond their wildest dreams. But I believe Trump is more a clueless dupe than a conniving traitor.

That’s what Trump’s Razor would say. I believe that particular heuristic has been accurate in nearly every case so far.

For better or worse, at least he’ll be someone a lot more prepared for the job than Trump…

Too bad I’d never heard of the guy before last July.

More to the point, she just didn’t want to use a fucking Windows Mobile phone (which, considering the devices of the time, I do not hold against her). If the NSA had just given the Secretary of State a blackberry like it gave to the president, none of it would have happened.

Huh.
So this just happened.

I don’t think you’re legally allowed to actually DO that, are you?

Look up. : )

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vp/

It also makes for a good fit for Indiana Republicans, who are ready for Pence to go after a tumultuous first term in Indiana that has opened up a chance for Democrats to claim the governor’s office. If that means sending Pence on the road with Trump, all the better.
Removing Pence from the governor’s race, several senior Indiana Republican officials, aides and operatives said, would allow the state GOP to escape from the turmoil of years of social battles over same-sex marriage and religious freedom.

Pence was too much the religious-right-party-line conservative. For Indiana

Pence is a piece of shit, but he won’t destroy the nation.

If Trump goes down, and Pence takes over, it’s effectively guaranteed that the GOP will get crushed in mid terms, and lose the 2020 election. The nation can handle that.

Yea, I’m not suggesting everything would be fixed under his lead, I’m simply running with the assumption quoted above. It’s pretty much verbatim what I told my Trump-loving brother earlier.

Trump convinced 63 million mouth breathers to vote for him because he told them everything they wanted to hear but his campaign wasn’t primarily focused on a Jesus for America theme like Pence’s would. Is the war chest for a 2020 run or to pay for lawyers if he’s caught in the Russia web scandal ?

As someone who visits Indiana every May for a number of days, this is right on the money and pretty amazing on the face of it.

I’d think that voting Hillary (despite how unappealing she was/is) into office would have just delayed the (now very visible) failure of the US system of government (and that of many countries in the west).

The West might have won the Cold War against Russia, but it would seem that Russia and Former Communist China are winning the Green war (i.e. Money) as there seems to hardly be any people in the US Senate (or EU) not praying to the almighty dollar (soon Yuan).

All hail our corporate overlords. Time for Syndicate, get your Gauss guns!