Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Wow, so contempt of Congress is pretty much a nothing thing.

Ah, maybe not. Apparently:

According to a Congressional Research Service report, Congress has three methods by which it can deal with Flynn’s non-compliance: It can detain and imprison him until he complies, refer him to the executive branch (in this case, the Department of Justice) for criminal prosecution, or seek a civil judgment from a federal court that would compel Flynn to comply.

So they actually could hold him in prison until he complies, apparently.

Yep, but it requires a Congressional vote and then it goes to the Justice Department to enforce, and apparently the process takes forever. So Congressional subpoenas are often ignored because they’re seldom enforced. Politico explains.

Just so you all know, Trump never mentioned the word “Israel” in that convo with the Russians. Got that from the head Cheeto himself, so you can take that to the bank

It’s like he doesn’t understand that ISIS can put two and two together and figure out whom to torture and kill based on the leaked information itself. :facepalm:

Waiting for him to say, “it’s not my fault that guy got killed, I never told them his name.”

I mean, my knowledge of espionage is limited to TV shows, movies, maybe a novel or two and most of Simon Singh’s The Code Book, but even I know that much.

I’m sure those people are all, “Damn, what took him so long!”

How much actual ‘classified’ info has been leaked? Statements like ‘Trump told the Russians secret stuff about laptop bombs’ do not count.

And… Who leaked that info?

If only POTUS would fire everyone who has leaked classified info, including POTUS himself!

“Who the heck is Trey Yingst and what is OAN?”

/Checks wiki/

“Oh.”

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/866763369373507584
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/334623-top-house-dem-flynn-lied-about-payment-for-russian-trip

What’s the word for when a thing happens, and you know it’s a big deal and you should probably think my, what a shock! And yet you aren’t surprised at all? Come on, the Germans must have a word for that -

What’s German for: “a day ending in y”? But in German, it would be “g”. Except Wednesday.

Damn you, Mittwoch!

Is it Obstruction of Justice if you’re just an idiot who doesn’t comprehend oversight and responsibility?

who killed Seth Rich? Russians?

Nevermind, better to not engage.

Storified Tweetstorm that summarizes the whole Russia-Turkey thing.
Edit: Should have just linked the source
https://storify.com/gilbeaq/a-story-emerges

Edit: A conservative’s opinion piece on the trump White House.

This gives me pause on the impeach trump line of thought.
On the one hand, there should be consequences for abuse of power (canning FBI director after he refuses loyalty oath or drop an investigation) but on the other trump is so incompetent and his polling so bad that it actually jeopardizes the far right reactionary agenda. On the third hand, trump can all by himself cause catastrophic damage on foreign policy.