Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Woohoo, Trump gettin’ things done! He’s doing it for Putin, but still!

The Intercept: Top Secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election

RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November’s presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept.

The top-secret National Security Agency document, which was provided anonymously to The Intercept and independently authenticated, analyzes intelligence very recently acquired by the agency about a months-long Russian intelligence cyber effort against elements of the U.S. election and voting infrastructure. The report, dated May 5, 2017, is the most detailed U.S. government account of Russian interference in the election that has yet come to light.
[…]
The report indicates that Russian hacking may have penetrated further into U.S. voting systems than was previously understood. It states unequivocally in its summary statement that it was Russian military intelligence, specifically the Russian General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate, or GRU, that conducted the cyber attacks described in the document:

Russian General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate actors … executed cyber espionage operations against a named U.S. company in August 2016, evidently to obtain information on elections-related software and hardware solutions. … The actors likely used data obtained from that operation to … launch a voter registration-themed spear-phishing campaign targeting U.S. local government organizations.

This NSA summary judgment is sharply at odds with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s denial last week that Russia had interfered in foreign elections: “We never engaged in that on a state level, and have no intention of doing so.” Putin, who had previously issued blanket denials that any such Russian meddling occurred, for the first time floated the possibility that freelance Russian hackers with “patriotic leanings” may have been responsible. The NSA report, on the contrary, displays no doubt that the cyber assault was carried out by the GRU.

Well, it appears Comey will be testifying after all. This is going to get good.

The leaker of this seems to have been arrested.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/federal-government-contractor-georgia-charged-removing-and-mailing-classified-materials-news

And I seriously can’t tell what’s real anymore, her name is Reality Winner.

Did they arrest her parents for that name too?

So much for the fake news and witch hunt defense.

So much for the Intercept getting any more leaks. Sounds like they seriously screwed up when they vetted the document.

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/871847795040428034

Beware who you leak to. Unless you like prison.

Shouldn’t really leak classified information at all, unless you like prison.

And especially not to the Russians.

I sure hope Reality does. She was bright enough to answer questions as they executed the search of her place.

And assange is now supporting her, causing the Trump folks to lose their shit.

Amazing.

<3 intel leakers. Need more of these brave folks, man.

Every Trump supporter I’ve seen is resorting to the Fake News / She Should Hang doublethink. I literally just read “it’s a felony to leak fake documents”.

How exactly is what she did whistleblowing? It was a report about the Russians. He really is a fucking nutcase.

None of what these folks believe makes sense any more. I think some of them subconsciously realize this, and cling to it harder out of shame.

Wait, so wikileaks is supporting her but the Trumpistas are against her? I feel so confused. How am I supposed to feel about this?