Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Not necessarily in this case. but what it shows is that the document was dated 5/5. In which case the Trump admin has known about it for over a month. In light of the effort to return the Russian Government compounds explicitly forced out because of election hacking, ostensibly because the Trump Administration has been claiming it didn’t happen, and is fake news, there is a lot more meat to this, when in reality the Trump Administration knew that not only was it Russian hackers, but in fact Russian Military hackers (GRU).

dont share that floppy! 𝄞 ♫ 𝄞 ♫

Because it is top secret intel. By it’s definition leaking that sort of thing is a threat to the US and aids a foreign nation.
I also gather that it burned intel gathering techniques by giving them to the Russians (and really everyone).

This will be the best if it is true:

I watched a CNN panel this morning about Trump’s tweets, and one of the best comments was something along the lines of, “Whether or not the White House staff wants the media to treat President Trump’s tweets seriously, there is literally not one reporter on the planet worth his or her salt that’s ever said, ‘I wish Trump would tweet less.’ By all means, continue tweeting Mr. President.”

He’s also scheduled to speak at a conference.

Four Top Law Firms Turned Down Requests to Represent Trump

And why would a major law firm not want to represent the President of the United States? He’d be the best client, a huge client, he’d …

Trump will live-tweet during testimony of former FBI Director James Comey: report

Oh.

First of all, I have to post it now:

Second, it’s copy! Shakes head

It’s @Teiman, just be glad he didn’t bring in magic gnomes and wallet gardens.

Apropos to nothing, I dug up my favorite Teiman. Can’t remember who made the image, though.

Oh, there’s no doubt the administration is horrible and is lying through its teeth. In the specific case of this piece of information and this person, though, I think it’s stretching any reasonable definition of whistleblowing to extend such a benefit of the doubt to this young woman. Otherwise, pretty much anyone, in any position, who comes across any piece of information that they feel points out discrepancies or inaccuracies in any official narrative would be justified in releasing it, and that I feel goes rather too far.

At some point, you simply have to accept that as an employee of the government or of a firm doing business with the government, you have to play by their rules and understand that that there just might be things going on that you don’t have all the information about, nor should you. It sucks, in that yeah, a culture of secrecy can and does often turn into a way to shield wrongdoers, but there is no other way to run a modern military-intelligence system other than to keep secrets and sometimes, yes, lie.

What if an idealistic worker came across a communication showing the administration was not telling the truth about where certain military assets were? Even though the administration might well be doing so to keep potential adversaries in the dark about upcoming operations, the worker might feel that the need for accuracy and truth is paramount, and release the communication. That would be…not good.

It is often very hard to tell whether something rises to the level of Ellsberg-esque whistleblowing or whether it’s just background noise in a sordid but necessary system of gray areas and day to day deceit. I simply prefer that those decisions not be made by junior employees far down the food chain. If they do choose to make that call, they should be prepared to pay the piper. King was ready to go to the Birmingham jail, so if they want to be follow a martyr’s path, they should be ready to pay a martyr’s price.

Oh, I agree in general. However, with as deceitful, fact-denying and flat out lying as this administration has been, I think the argument may carry more weight than it usually should, especially if it were to go to a jury.

Especially if that jury trial were to be held after any massive public penalties for this Administration (still a hypothetical, but a distinct likelihood at this time).

Of course, if the entire top end of the operation is thoroughly corrupted and evil, it’s more or less the little guys chipping away at the vast edifice of evil who are our only hope of ever getting out from under it.

Not that I’m saying the entire US military-industrial complex is a towering edifice of evil.

Well, I mean, maybe a little.

Of course, before he went public, Snowden went as far up the food chain as he possibly could. Reality and Chelsea did not.

Heh, certainly this particular administration and general climate makes it easy to sympathize with nearly any action that undermines the badness. Down the road, though, we’re going to need a system that is intact and actually functions. I get bit uneasy when we start to get into the territory of what I do is ok because my cause is just.

But that’s my entire political worldview!

Apparently Schiff and Conaway will be chatting with press at 6:15 EDT. Not sure what about

To be fair, Reality Winner was a dumbass about it. I mean, come on! Using the office printer? Directly emailing The Intercept from her work email? It’s like she wanted to be caught.