Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I assume the remaining .01 percent were all for cop-related shootings?

I work for a company that does swarm AI. We do a weekly current events swarm on Thursdays, and I typically script out our questions and such throughout the day on Thursday (and they go through revisions with our team for fairness/usability/quantifiable vs sentiment analysis).

Remember, Nixon was a Cox sacker.

Yeah, I was thinking more or less the same thing. I think the timing of this may be a measure of protection for Mueller. They might have taken the step a bit earlier than they would have liked for that reason (no knowledge of that, just saying the recent talk might have forced their hand a bit).

IMG_0418

Jesus, the news is coming out non-stop now. Intercepts of Russians talking about possibly coordingating with Manafort.

Well, at least NC did something right for once, with Tillis getting behind this. They should combine these two bills.

Just saw this on the news. For a second I wasn’t sure what I was hearing.

LOL Congress is scared shitless of having to lead this investigation. They need it to be independent.

Trump’s vacation is going to be a really hectic time for some people.

This is dumb and hyperbolic. They don’t bring the case all the way to a vote if it isn’t obviously going to be a true bill indictment. They will flat out ask ahead of time and if the Jury says no they will table it forever or try to get more testimony. If you included investigations that were dropped it would be a way different number.

But the point is the investigation has gotten to this point. Which means Mueller and his team have their teeth into some thing(s) with real substance.

(1/3): When an autocrat is cornered and flailing – as Trump is on Russia and TrumpCare – he often lashes out violently to consolidate power.
(2/3): Given the situation in North Korea, Trump’s nuke lust, and talks of preemptive strikes, this is the time for cooler heads to get assertive.
(3/3): Trump will likely lash out domestically too at usual targets, scapegoating and threatening minority groups. But NK situation very concerning
https://www.dscho.com/threadbare

Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin’s favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.

During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonid “Len” Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik’s donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik’s holding companies, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org.

Marco Rubio’s Conservative Solutions PAC and his Florida First Project received $1.5 million through Blavatnik’s two holding companies. Other high dollar recipients of funding from Blavatnik were PACS representing Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker at $1.1 million, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham at $800,000, Ohio Governor John Kasich at $250,000 and Arizona Senator John McCain at $200,000.

In January, Quartz reported that Blavatnik donated another $1 million to Trump’s Inaugural Committee. Ironically, the shared address of Blavatnik’s companies is directly across the street from Trump Tower on 5th Avenue in New York.

Flynn has just amended his financial disclosure to say that he did consulting for Cambridge Analytica at the end of the election.

This is a big deal.

Why? Cambridge Analytica is owned by Robert Mercer. He’s the big data billionaire who bankrolled Trump’s campaign. (What, you thought Donnie paid for it himself? Don’t be silly.) This is the first link showing possible coordination between the major figures being investigated for their Russia ties and Cambridge Analytica during the election.

Which is interesting, because what Cambridge Analytica does is do data mining to influence elections … and what the Russians did is use data to influence elections. Hmmm, wonder where they got that data from?

(There are other C.A. ties to the Trump campaign - Bannon was a VP there. But he left when he joined the Trump campaign and hasn’t been fingered in the Russia investigation … yet.)

CA has been knee deep in this from the start, FYI. Quite a lot has been written on the subject at various points. This is exactly why the WHs request for voter data was so terrifying.

Oh, sure (look upthread, I was ranting about Mercer before ranting about Mercer was cool.) The point is: now the door is open for Mueller to investigate CA and Mercer, because now there’s an actual connection.