Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I know, you’re right, they don’t really make that transparent IMO. My assumption has been that people contact them via some direct means (email, social media, private channels) and ask for and receive additional data that isn’t published on the public site. Either that or I’m a massive idiot and totally overlooked some web page where additional data is up for grabs. Or that they were citing data that was currently showing on the dashboard at the time which, well.

Pfft. Nobody would ever turn down money for any reason. If they gave up million dollar salaries, it’s clearly because crooked Hillary is bribing them with billions.

That’s Soros get your right-wing conspiracy theories down.

Dude spends like… a trillion dollars a year apparently.

WAPO Breaking News: FBI conducted pre-dawn raid of Manafort’s home last month.

How the heck did that remain a secret for a month?

Only a couple of weeks, actually. But still. About the only thing that hasn’t leaked the next day.

Because the FBI is a professional organization, unlike the White House?

I mean, sure, but guys showing up at Manafort’s house in the wee hours of the morning would be easily seen by, I don’t know, guys in a news van parked outside of his house? Like, I’m just surprised that no one saw it. Manafort is a pivotal figure in this whole thing. It’s weird that no one (not even local news) was hanging around.

It’s pretty awesome though.
That dude and Flynn are definitely gonna go to jail by the end of all this.

Flynn is probably working with them. But this would certainly seems to suggest manafort is not

One thing to note in general is that a lot of the stuff that is getting blanket thrown into the ‘leaks’ category doesn’t actually have to be a leak in any way. For instance, if someone is subpoenaed by a Grand Jury as a witness or has documents subpoenaed they can, in almost all cases, talk about it. The government will request they don’t, but the witnesses are under no obligation to conceal it. So simple things like the fact that there is a GJ investigation or who they are calling as witnesses or what documentation they are going after can easily be made available to the public in ways that don’t require anyone in the government to actually leak information. The government is often very careful about what questions they ask witnesses (particularly ones who are also suspects) to not let on that could tip off the witness that they are further along in their investigation or know of larger details then the witness might suspect. Often they will ask the GJ members to restrict questions due to these reasons (with an explanation) although the GJ probably has at least a couple total idiots on it so who knows, they can ask whatever the hell they want within reason.

I actually think that the leaks have slowed dramatically.

Mostly because Mueller was actually appointed with independent authority as opposed to Comey’s precarious position. The stuff which has come out lately seems to be more reporting around the edges and independent of the official investigation.

Back in 2002 I got a jury summons that I didn’t read quite thoroughly enough to fully understand. Having been called on to wait for petit jury duty before, I assumed that this summons was just like those. Being a white male in a technical field with a short hair-cut, I am almost always the first person cut by the Defense in any trial, so I wasn’t worried about be sequestered or anything.

But no, this was for a grand jury in the Federal Eastern District of Virginia – the “Rocket Docket”. And they were BUSY.

We met for one week (four days) each month for a calendar year. So 48 days of jury duty. Wanna guess how many days my company covered? Two. But it’s OK because the Feds paid for my time. $40 per day, or about $3.50 per hour. Oh, and they covered parking. Not gas though.

It was actually very rewarding a fair amount of the time. We got to take testimony from Zacarias Moussaoui (the “20th Hijacker”); we issued an indictment for the first non-US person for US cyber-crime laws (he’s still fighting extradition sixteen years later); there was a long-running investigation into phony guard dogs that we were involved in; and we heard a number of very interesting cases involving cross-state kidnappings and whatnot.

But it could also be staggeringly dull for weeks on end. It turns out that indicting cocaine dealers is drudge-work after the third one or so… they are all pretty much the same damned thing; only the names change.

And that thing I mentioned upthread about calling in low-level people to testify against people further up the chain? Imagine if you will, the most boring, innocuous, tedious government agency you can come up with. Now imagine a price-fixing case against the few contracting companies to service that agency. Now imagine the testimony of a low-level clerk for one of those companies speaking under oath about what he might have known about that price-fixing. Picture in your head how mind-numbingly boring that testimony must be. I tell you today that you are wrong: It was actually four times that boring.

At the end of my 12-month term, the DA wanted to extend us for an additional year because we were a very productive jury and they didn’t want to have to train up a new one for the dullsville corruption case. Luckily the judge in that case disagreed.

I was on one and it was every Wednesday for 18 months and then we got extended a few more random sessions over another month and half. Once you hit 45 days you get bumped up to $50 a day so that’s awesome. They didn’t cover parking although they paid travel on a mileage structure. Which doesn’t really work in the city but whatever. I won’t quote it, but you’re not supposed to talk about the case details forever ever so you might want to edit that one paragraph out ;)

I will say that my time on a Grand Jury made me appreciate The Wire that much more. There were some cases where I felt just like being in a deleted scenes where someone reads through the 200 pages that McNulty just typed up badly. Except the stupid AUSAs would always censor the language from the wire recording transcripts.

Everyone eventually ends up under the bus.

What, were they actually cats?

Some people are so stupid they can’t tie their shoes in the morning. Guessing Billy boy wears flip flops.

Follow-up from NYT: