Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Are you effing kidding me? Well, there goes my identity. Wonderful.

I get that there are psychological loopholes that advertising and propaganda techniques can exploit, but if we absolve an electorate of any capacity for, and responsibility for, critical thinking, then democracy seems about as useful a method of government as assigning policy decisions to an RNG.

And so of course:

Wow. That seems like pretty cut-and-dry insider trading. I think I could get a conviction for that.

I think every reply is people saying, “No, go ahead and talk.”

This breach probably needs it’s own thread, but this sounds about right about a scummy company:

The company put up a website earlier to allow consumers to see if hackers had stolen their data. However, rather than telling folks if their information was included in the breach, that site seemed to sign people up for TrustID, an Equifax service offering a suite of security products to protect them from digital theft.

Conveniently (for Equifax) those who sign up for TrustID might waive their right to any class action lawsuit against the company, as stated at the bottom of TrustID’s terms of service.

Don’t worry, we definitely shouldn’t burn down the entire financial sector because it’s contributing so much real value to the economy.

moves Exquifax execs to the top of the list of people to be put against the wall, between Bank of America and the Murdoch clan

Awesome, my personal info was compromised. About 20 years ago I worked with a law firm that had to deal with the CRAs on a regular basis and I didn’t really think it was possible for me to loathe them more than I already did. Guess I was wrong!

Every day we move closer to the reality in BKV’s Private Eye.

Pro Publica reporter

Anyone who does this is unfit to cast a vote.

Not saying they shouldn’t be allowed, because who am I to say?, but they are unfit.

I gave myself whiplash from nodding in agreement.

FB is refusing to release full ad buy details, but more and more will start to come out anyway.

…the worst part is that people will continue to believe that these “ads” were true regardless of the proof they were used to manipulate them.

Paying $100k to reach 70 million makes regular advertising seems stupid in comparison.

Think of how much a game company spends on pushing their new AAA game. It’s in the tens of millions and they don’t get remotely that much penetration.